Warranty question.

Gargy

Reaction score
Bought my bike a year ago. Second hand on a 15 plate. Had it a year and took out the extended warranty when BMW sent it to me.( Bike is two years old).
Thought nothing of it until I read on here that approved used bikes come with a two year warranty.

Is this correct ?

Anyone tried to get a refund, or had this happen before ?

Tia.

Bought my bike a year ago. Second hand on a 15 plate. Had it a year and took out the extended warranty when BMW sent it to me.( Bike is two years old).
Thought nothing of it until I read on here that approved used bikes come with a two year warranty.

Is this correct ?

Tia.
Do you have it in writing that it is an approved used bike with the warranty? Just because it's from a dealer doesn't mean it is.

It depend when you bought it. I think everything changed last year around April. I bought my approved used GS last year (march) with one years warranty then a while later BMW introduced two year warranty across all used bikes sold as approved used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this correct ?

Tia.

Hi

I bought my 14 plate GS in March last year & it came with the 2 year extended warranty.

Could it be that yours still had some normal warranty to run on yours & therefore not eligible for free 2 year warranty. Just a thought.

Regards

Hi

I bought my 14 plate GS in March last year & it came with the 2 year extended warranty.

Could it be that yours still had some normal warranty to run on yours & therefore not eligible for free 2 year warranty. Just a thought.

Regards

Mine was a few months old and so had almost the full new bike warranty but also came with the 2 year approved used warranty. This was last month.

Same thing happened when BMW changed from 1 to 2 years warranty on new bikes about 15 years ago. Just bad luck I think doubt you will get anywhere but you can always ask?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom