Scala G9 headset problems.............Help Please !!

YellowRS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

Myself and a mate both have used Scala Rider G9 intercoms (Rider to rider), which we use a lot when touring.

Every thing worked fine for the first couple of years but now we have a problem:-

It started with me being unable to "Call him" on the intercom (neither by button or voice command), so he would have to instigate any conversation but I noticed that the mic would always be "open" and so we were unable to listen to our own music etc if travelling together.

Now it has got worse and when he tries to intercom me he just gets "Rider 1 BUSY"all the time ?

I have tried a factory reset on mine and tried a successful re pairing on them both but still he gets the rider busy message.

Any thoughts please ?

Could it be I have a faulty microphone or something similar ?

Any help much appreciated please :thumb2

Have you tried pairing on the different channel ? i.e try Channel B if you paired on A and visa versa. Maybe you have a faulty bluetooth channel.

Maybe you could connect to Cardo Community and reload the firmware or even try reloading old firmware.

To try older firmware, in the email window type dealered@cardosystems.com Password if I remember is rubbersidedown.

If the older firmware doesn't cure the problem then you can always reload the latest firmware by logging in with your own email and the you will be offered the new firmware again.

There is a problem with the firmware at the moment, cardo are on it to issue a fix soon. The issue is connected with the latest Android Google software. Mine worked fine and started playing up. It was a relief to receive an email from cardo telling me there was a known issue and it is being dealt with.

Many thanks for your comments and advice chaps and I'll look into connecting with Cardo community for some firmware :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom