Drilling Centre Engine Bolt any tips

Solution.!
I did the same myself the other day, I used a T50 Torx which rounded the corners, I then got a bigger T55 & hammered it fully home, result no slippage..
At first it appeared the T55 was too big, but it's a really tight fit & needed hammering home.
The nuts are heavily coated with loc tite, making it hard to remove.
I didn't but poss should have softened with WD40..

Please give this a try before drilling..
I say again- it's a T55 :D

Shakey's law - "if the Torx bit fits, try the next size up just to be certain. If THAT fits, refer to Shakey's law"

Just like to point out I do know what I am doing been building motocross bike for years. As ShakeyBMW pointed out the T50 torx is the correct size and is only supposed to support the nut head.

BMW or the dealer have dipped the entire pin in thread lock, after drilling the torx head off and getting the pin out I even stuck the thing in a bench vice and heated with a blowtorch to see if the would budget it. Let's say there is no way the torx head would have ever held that even if the muppets hadn't dipped the thing in thread lock.

Advice is what I requested and thanks to those guys that came forward, not peoples opinion on my technical abilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vic-reeves-handbags-jpg.134940

Just like to point out I do know what I am doing been building motocross bike for years. As ShakeyBMW pointed out the T50 torx is the correct size and is only supposed to support the nut head.

BMW or the dealer have dipped the entire pin in thread lock, after drilling the torx head off and getting the pin out I even stuck the thing in a bench vice and heated with a blowtorch to see if the would budget it. Let's say there is no way the torx head would have ever held that even if the muppets hadn't dipped the thing in thread lock.

Advice is what I requested and thanks to those guys that came forward, not peoples opinion on my technical abilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's only about a 1CM band of threadlock on mine so I can see why you struggled.

Back
Top Bottom