BeMoto

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone due to renew their insurance? Check these guys out.

https://www.bemoto.uk/multi-bike-ins...SAAEgIyOPD_BwE

I was with Carol Nash for years, it always bugged me how a 5 minute conversation to amend/change a policy would cost me £40, for a 5 minute phone call???

Just had my renewal through from CN this morning. 3 bikes, Sunbeam S7d, Triumph Tiger 800 and Harley Davidson Fatboy, £366 inc 100k legal, European cover for 90 days, breakdown etc..

Phoned these guys (apparently they are all bikers?) and got the same for £272, but the big plus for me is they DONT charge for ANY admin, bike changes? free. Mileage change? free. Only thing is if the premium was higher on the newer bike it would be higher of course.

After seeing this post, I gave them a try. I didn't want a multi bike policy as I use Peter James Ins Services for my classics. The quote was about £100 more than other quotes.

Sherpa, have you tried the bike insurer?
They seem to be coming in very very competitively..... let us know how they compare if you do try.

Sherpa, have you tried the bike insurer?
They seem to be coming in very very competitively..... let us know how they compare if you do try.
Paul, unfortunately I took out my renewal this morning before seeing your post. However I used GoCompare and selected Bennetts with the several extras (legalcover blah blah) and it was £150. But when I clicked 'buy' it took me to Bennetts site and it was actually cheaper at £124...!! (It's a twin cam GS, fully comp, I am old, 59! with 40 odd years riding etc etc)

Hi all,

Anyone due to renew their insurance? Check these guys out.

https://www.bemoto.uk/multi-bike-ins...SAAEgIyOPD_BwE

I was with Carol Nash for years, it always bugged me how a 5 minute conversation to amend/change a policy would cost me £40, for a 5 minute phone call???

Just had my renewal through from CN this morning. 3 bikes, Sunbeam S7d, Triumph Tiger 800 and Harley Davidson Fatboy, £366 inc 100k legal, European cover for 90 days, breakdown etc..

Phoned these guys (apparently they are all bikers?) and got the same for £272, but the big plus for me is they DONT charge for ANY admin, bike changes? free. Mileage change? free. Only thing is if the premium was higher on the newer bike it would be higher of course.

We'll beat your cheapest quote guaranteed......not true.

We are the only company that will cover you comprehensively on a friends bike....not true

I found a chat to these guys https://www.bemoto.uk/

I dealt with Scott who was excellent, two GS with all mods declared and an agreed quotation for my Norton V4SS when it's ready.

Since then two mates have insured three bikes with them.

Very helpful and a can do attitude, a refreshing change from computer says no bollocks

I'm using Bemoto ... great company and a pleasure to deal with :thumb

:beerjug:

Another vote for BeMoto from me. I have a multi-bike policy and they are great to deal with when I swap bikes in/out of the policy.

Real enthusiasts who actually know about the bikes they are broking policies for.

BEMOTO

https://www.bemoto.uk

Another recommendation from me for Bemoto - multi-bike with a few modifications, garaged at different locations, all arranged with no issues and a very competitive premium - underwritten by AXA. Happy with a Hilltopped bike (classed as an engine tune)

Well worth a call. Unlike some bike insurers, they actually know what a motorcycle is too........

Ditto.

Same different locations scenario, in my case my garage and storage unit a couple of miles away.

Anyroad up presently insured with CN and paying an utter fortune due, according to them, by having bike(s) out of my postcode even though I tried to explain that the facility I use is probably more secure than my garage.

So after failed love affair with Superduke I get real and get a proper 'second' bike for solo adventures i.e. Tracer 700 and trot off to CN to reap the benefits of getting a bike half the value, half the capacity, half the power:blagblah

Imagine my surprise when they reckoned that this meant I owed them another £188:blast

So, cheesed off from Beirut gives the aforementioned Bemoto a go and they came back after a few hours having knocked the premium down by fecking 50%:)

Now, to provide some balance, the chimp at CN should have offered me a cancellation followed by a requote from the start, at which point they might have realised that making the cheaper Tracer the primary bike and then adding the GS would have been a really good idea then waived their cancellation fee and perhaps, just perhaps, they might have retained my business.

It's my ignorance in part I admit that in that I've had to learn underwriting 101 from scratch by having a bad experience and swallowing some utter bollox from CN in the first place.

Hey ho it's a part of the modern world I utterly detest especially when it's applicable to almost every service you have to purchase nowadays.

It's all very well being clued up on insurance underwriting but fecking internet , electricity, gas, telephone, breakdown cover :blagblah.

So, before the slavish fans of buccaneering capitalism wade in and start having a pop at folk who are pissed off with bloody insurers et al, spare a thought for those of us like me who will give all my business to any fecker who rewards me for staying put instead of royally taking the piss and expecting me to like it.

I too gave Bemoto a try on a multibike policy. Not quite the least expensive, but they gave me the impression that they actually understoud the subject. In line with other comments, I have utterly had enough of CN and their apparantly untrained employees.
I've noted in the past that dealing with CN is a lottery, I seemed to range between knowledgable and helpful people that secured me the best possible deal and those that merely pressed buttons and went through the motions. All were unfailingly polite.
Bemoto's approach of not applying an admin charge to vary the policy is a big plus for me also.

I'll be ringing them in March after CN decided in September that a new R1200GSA Basic with a few factory options was a greater insurance risk than a more expensive R1200GSA TE model (whether it was my 3 years old one or a brand new bike ) and stuffed me for an extra £147 on my policy .

Just called them and they will not quote on bikes stored in central London.

Not interested in chains, immobiliser, alarm, tracker, HD CCTV with movement sensors, 24 hour security guards, etc etc

Time to move home I think ..

i have a quote with bemoto which is better than carole nash im going to need a multi bike policy the chap said with a 5000 mile limit it allows me to ride 5000 miles on each bike not 5000 across both does that sound right as that would in effect allow me to ride 10,000 miles this will be my first multi bike policy as ive come across a 2003 z1000 with 1850 miles which im going to buy to compliment my gs

They did me a good deal after mentionioning 44 teeth They Upgraded my policy to best cover with no excess and a real person answered the phone promptly The guy knew his stuff and listed all my bling which is included like for like!

:beerjug:

Tried Bemoto this week for a quote. Very helpful person managed to get me a fully comp + bells/whistles policy for £207 (Bennetts original renewal quote was £258 (up £23 vs 2018), then down to £225).

:D

Just changed over to Bemoto, great, price great cover and remember to mention 44teeth for discount.

Back
Top Bottom