Dan Cata throttle body kit

Howard J

Who?
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Before I splash out on the full kit, does anyone happen to have a LHS Dan Cata kit hidden away that they will not use? Bought a RHS throttle body from here that had been done last year, but now my LHS TB is knocking. (2003 1150GS)

Motobins. Dan Cata kits but you have to buy the pair..sell the RHS maybe.

Still after a LHS kit or does anyone have a known good LHS throttle body spare? Thanks

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a LHS kit from Dan Cata in Romania, took around 10 days to arrive and total cost was £61, carriage seems a bit steep at $19 for a small packet but I think this is based on up to 1kg. The kit comes with new seals and bearings, so everything you need.
So this evening I got to work, took me around 2 hours, but I was being methodical, cleaning bits as I went along and generally taking my time. All relatively easy to do following the Dan Cata instructions and I also found a utube video someone else had done.
I just marked the TPS position and put it back in the same place, still need to balance the TB's properly but started her up and she is a lot quieter and seems smoother.

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a LHS kit from Dan Cata in Romania, took around 10 days to arrive and total cost was £61, carriage seems a bit steep at $19 for a small packet but I think this is based on up to 1kg. The kit comes with new seals and bearings, so everything you need.
So this evening I got to work, took me around 2 hours, but I was being methodical, cleaning bits as I went along and generally taking my time. All relatively easy to do following the Dan Cata instructions and I also found a utube video someone else had done.
I just marked the TPS position and put it back in the same place, still need to balance the TB's properly but started her up and she is a lot quieter and seems smoother.

just out of interest i need to refurb my right/ or brake pedal side tb however you look at it do you want to sell and recoup some cost of buying the full kit?

just out of interest i need to refurb my right/ or brake pedal side tb however you look at it do you want to sell and recoup some cost of buying the full kit?

Sorry Ross I only purchased the left side kit from Dan Cata.

Back
Top Bottom