One of my "nostalgia" moments

Its a Puch…Steyr Puch , made in Austria…M50 Sport?? not sure which model. really nice though….

Its a Puch…Steyr Puch , made in Austria…M50 Sport?? not sure which model. really nice though….
Correct, it's a VZ50. I bought one new from Adams Mobique in Peterborough for £160 and covered 12000 miles in a year travelling to and from work. It never let me down apart from several punctures. Top speed 38mph or 40 with a following wind.

Was my third bike in those very colours. Mine was £25 on a 1974 " m" reg

I used mine for my daily commute to Birmingham botanical garden:rolleyes:s where I taught in 1978.

happy days
three speed hand change gear box ala scooter twist grip on left handle bar:thumb

Nice!

Puch made some great vehicles. Didn't they make the forerunner of the G wagon and the 4x4 for the original panda 4x4?

G wagon, originally manufactured by Magna Steyr (formerly Steyr-Daimler-Puch)

The G-class was developed as a military vehicle from a suggestion by the Shah of Iran
(at the time a significant Mercedes shareholder)

The very same company about to embark on manufacturing the new E-Pace Jags (Disco Sport in Jag clothing) I believe, rather than run the lines at a UK factory.

I am not questioning Magnas capabilities here, they have an excellent reputation, just disappointment with JLR, both over this & the decision to build their new factory at Nitra, Slovakia. I rather hoped Tata would prefer to retain the UK for JLRs manufacturing base.

Back
Top Bottom