Undecided!! S10 back to a GS

Matt101

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys

Been a while but I'm seriously considering getting another GS. I have had an 18 month search trying to find a better bike but have failed after 6 bikes. I still haven't found anything as comfy as the GS BUT............

After having a read on the forum there seems to have been some defectors TO the S10. Now while I cannot fault the bike that fookin seat (and yes I've tried all the mods) is an arse breaker. On the GS I did home to Germany in 1 day. Some 600+ miles. I did a recent trip to Scotland on the S10 where I did 290 miles in a day and had a backside like a baboon!!!! It really is that bad. Now while I could carry on with the S10 and spend a few hundred on a seat that may still not cure the issue. I have added bar risers and Madstad adjusters for the screen and a Givi screen so airflow is fine. I cannot whatever I do stay comfy after an hour on the bike.

Now reliability wise I never had a single issue in over 2 years of ownership with my 1st GS. So that doesn't worry me so much.

Any thoughts would be appreciated especially if you have/have had both bikes.

Cheers

Get rid of the S10 and go with the crowd, or buy a Guzzi Stelvio and be a bit different.

Seats, like screens are a very personal thing. I've just completed a 2week 3500m trip down to Rome and found the S10 seat to be extremely comfortable.

On Tuesday I test rode and subsequently bought a 2017 GS TE and thought that equally comfy. Although I traded 2 bikes for the GS I'm still keeping the Yamaha and riding it up to the Arctic circle at the end of July. I think the Super Tenere is a superb, vastly under-rated bike.

Mike

I've had a number of GS's... and always had seat problems ... bought a Super Tenere, superb bike, but still found it uncomfortable no matter what I did. ( pattern forming here )

Sold the Super Tenere and then lurched through a few bikes, before I've ended up with a 2010 GSA which I love, and ......the seat is comfier than anything I've had before....

It's fitted with a Sargent seat. One of the few makes I'd not tried. Now I don't think about my backside when I'm on the bike.

So.... either try a Sargent ( its subjective I know) or go with your gut feeling.

Guzzi Stelvio...most comfortable bike I've ever owned.

Explorer generation 2...send the seat to Saddle craft...unbeatable.

Just sold the S10,
It's not for me,, I am staying with GSA , despite the known issues, I recon it's a better riding machine .

i agree first change the seat..might be the cheaper than swapping in the S10 for a GS...Sargent get my vote too...very very comfortable..if the seat done work , you will more than likely get your money back on it as the Sargents hold there value well

Thanks for the replies guys. Tried a Corbin on there and didn't make a difference. But I know you need quite a few miles on a seat to let it form to you.

Maybe another thought for my already confused brain LOL. Been to look at a couple of GSs today that were in really good nick. Just waiting for trade in options so we'll see.

You sound like me :blast

Hope its gone to a loving home :thumb
I recon it's gone to a really good home , very nice chap from the ADV Scotland forum that I was camped beside at their summer rally , recons it's just what he is looking for

Back
Top Bottom