Steering issues 2017 gs

ukrr

Reaction score
Looking for some help/insights on a new gs. I have a 2017 gs and the handling is fine BUT the low speed steering is scary. Feels like it's caught in a sidewind when slowing down. Very vague and I need to have a significant input to keep it online. Any thoughts ? I will take it back to the dealers for investigation but wondered if anyone had similar experience ?

Is the headset bearing or steering damper too tight? Is the front tyre pressure low?

I have a new GSA and found a similar feel , put down to new steering damper which wasn't on my old GS. Now is fine.

I have a new GSA and found a similar feel , put down to new steering damper which wasn't on my old GS. Now is fine.

YEP.! I'll second that, now done 800 miles & it's getting better, I think it was just 'tight' or the different tyre (Michelin anakee) poss felt different

Thanks for the comments. I'll get dealer to check bearings and damper operation when it's in

Could be tyre pressures. Check both. You can check the bearings etc yourself. Bike on centre stand, press down in back and feel the resistance as you swing the bars lock to lock. There should be just perceptible resistance from the damper.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Many thanks. Pretty sure it's an overly damped steering damper. Thanks for all the useful comments

Are the tyres squared off? That'll make the handling shite.

Back
Top Bottom