That's the spirit!!

macker1974

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got a rear puncture on the GS today on the motorway (at speed!!) between Shannon and Ennis en Route from Cork to Sligo. Luckily I carry a repair kit and an electric pump all the time so was able to get myself sorted.

Having said that two other bikers pulled up at different times while I was on the side of the road to see if I was ok. One guy was on a GS and he couldn't get stopped until about 100 meters further down the road - I didn't see his reg but I think it was an Irish bike. I gave him a wave to say I was ok and he carried on again. It struck me once again that that us biker lot always look after each other. If the chap on the GS is on here then I just wanted to say thanks for your concern.

Incidently the other guy that stopped was a guy from Limerick on a Harley - he joked with me that he was well used to having to stop for breakdowns!! Got a chuckle out of him as he went on his noisy way!!

Macker

I once stopped on a lay-by as my glasses were annoying me. As I pulled them the rubber on the ear side came off and fell to the floor. As I was bending over to see where it fell a biker stopped at the side and shouted, are you OK? I didn't hear him approach and when he shouted I nearly shit myself and almost dropped the bike.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom