D-ESA intermittent warning

Deleted account 190419001

Reaction score
My XR has started flashing up a "D-ESA" warning light, started as an occasional, split second warning. Took ages to figure what it said as it flashed so quickly. Its doing it more often now, anyone else had this?

I've read of the sensor rod falling off the height sensor and making a permanent warning, I've checked mine and its fine.

It may well be a trip to the dealer but if its an easy fix I could avoid that.

Thanks in advance!

Based on the control rod causing a full time fault, i've taken the plug off the hight sensor and given it a quick squirt with WD 40, at first glance seems to have cured it. Will report back after a proper ride out...

Based on the control rod causing a full time fault, i've taken the plug off the hight sensor and given it a quick squirt with WD 40, at first glance seems to have cured it. Will report back after a proper ride out...

Where abouts is the height sensor? Any chance of a pic pose?

My XR has started flashing up a "D-ESA" warning light, started as an occasional, split second warning. Took ages to figure what it said as it flashed so quickly. Its doing it more often now, anyone else had this?

I've read of the sensor rod falling off the height sensor and making a permanent warning, I've checked mine and its fine.

It may well be a trip to the dealer but if its an easy fix I could avoid that.

Thanks in advance!

Do you jet wash the bike by chance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warnings all fixed.

I thought I'd update this thread in case its of use to anyone in the future. The intermittent D-ESA warning issue expanded into an intermittent rev-counter and finally ABS and traction control warnings.

I took the bike to AJ's this morning, I'd phoned ahead to tell them I was on a tight schedule, rolled up at 8.30 and they were ready for me. A nice cup of coffee later Dan came to tell me they'd found the battery terminal a little lose. They tightened it up for me and its as good as gold again. I didn't think of checking battery terminals :blast:blast maybe this post will save someone some time if they experience the same thing....

Back
Top Bottom