BMW Motorrad Emergency Service

Ciderdrinker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all. I've had the above thrown in as part of the package when I bought the GSA in March. Anybody had to use it, especially in Europe? We've got a 2 week trip down to the Alps & Dolomites in September and was wondering if this cover was any good. On the surface it looks OK but would like other poeples opinions please.

Thanks!!

I can't comment on Europe but here in the UK I've had to use it twice and recovery has been there within the hour. No complaints.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Im hope i dont need to use it in the alps in july then ill have no complaints either :)

Used it in southern Spain.
I thought i was in the crap, but i was pleasantly surprised , they put an English speaking fella on,,
The bike was picked up and taken to a secure lock up for the night.
Cut a long story short , the bike was fixed . I had a hire car over the weekend.
I had to pay for it ,was given a receipt to give to my nearest dealer when i returned home. and it was re-reimbursed.
I've had BMW recovery ever since.

Used in the UK. Call centre good, van that came to pick me up, was the same one the AA use, so wouldn't have been any different if I had used my AA membership.

I used it once about 5 years ago - had a puncture on my F800 GS when I went out to it on Sunday morning at home. Called them, told them the issue, approved tyre fitter arrived within the hour, fitted a new tube (old had a nail in it) no issues whatosoever.

I dont have it now as I cant afford it, I have RAC cover, and given my recent woeful experience with the RAC when my winter shitter Funduro threw its chain and lunched the crankcase, I know which I would rather have......

Had to use it last year after an accident in Europe they were brilliant .Taxi picked us up from the hospital ,overnight in a hotel and flew us home the next day ,and a taxi back from the airport .If you're in the shit they will do everything to hep you out .

Had a puncture in Belgium on my K1300r on a Friday evening they took my bike to storage then took it to a Ducati dealer for a tyre as they couldn't source a 190 section tyre anywhere else! They collected us by taxi and took us to collect the bike as we had to get to Calais for our crossing home. It all worked quite well. Used once in U.K on my 2007 GS to have a clutch master cylinder changed, guy came to our house and did it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used it a couple of times. 1200 RT. In 2007, on road to ferry at Newcastle I picked up a nail in rear tyre (600 miles on new bike!). Picked up by transport and taken to garage in Dumfries to get new tyre fitted. When we got there, the garage was shut. Transport guydrove like a madman to get me on to the ferry on time. Overnight Bmw recovery organised an appointment at a garage not too far from ijmuiden to get a new tyre fitted. I eceived a text with the details as the ferry arrived. Fantastic customer service.

2010 1300GT. Bike overheated in France. After a couple of days in a hotel in Clermont Ferrand over the weekend, bmw garage locally 'fixed' it. Unfortunately, it broke down again outside Gap. Hire car provided locally. And ferry arranged by BMW. Hire car at Dover got me home. Bike arrived a week later. (Bmw never did fix the overheating). Only downside was that I left a very small tyre pump under the seat or in a pannier and I never got that back.

All in all, really good service (except for that pump)

Back
Top Bottom