yellow warning tiangle

dropdedfred

Reaction score
Hello people, just popped to London via the ace cafe but on the way back through trafic the engine warning light came on. Its the yellow triangle and under it has an icon of the engine with an exclamation mark in it. I have looked in the book but cant seem to see the fault or what I am meant to be looking for.
any ideas ?

Hello people, just popped to London via the ace cafe but on the way back through trafic the engine warning light came on. Its the yellow triangle and under it has an icon of the engine with an exclamation mark in it. I have looked in the book but cant seem to see the fault or what I am meant to be looking for.
any ideas ?

Does it come back on after you switched it off? Was it still running ok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

solid yellow engine logo means it is in limp home mode
flashing yellow engine logo severe ecu fault ..... basically don't ride any further

In both cases if it does not clear after a stop and restart it is a diagnostic job , in the latter case recovery

any ideas ?

I've just had the same on my GSA TC. Appreciate it's not the same bike but it was a defective battery that was causing my issue.

Mine stayed on after I'd tried the suspension max function whilst the engine was still running, but stayed off after a restart.

leave it 10 mins then start it up comes on again after 10 miles, just gone into BMW in Northampton, they have sent me home on a reserve bike as got to stay in. I also still have the qsp faulty they changed the module but still cant change gear after 5-10 miles. I think its cpu issues.

Hi DDF if it is still running in and over the 600mile and very nearly at or just above 1000miles apparently this triangle appears. If it is in conjunction with the service bar. Don't know what your milage was??

new qsp module fitted but was faulty so a second fitted all okay now apparently the warning was to say it had lost coms with it. Anyway afetr an over night stay with BMW in Northampton its back to full fun.

The ECU is not recognising the riding style. You need to use the second half of the throttle from time to time :thumby:

Probably just BMW trying to get in touch to let you know your stanchions are facked.

Back
Top Bottom