Front brake reservoir moisture?

MartinS

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bike is booked into the dealer tomorrow to investigate the problem but I just wondered if anyone had had the same issue and found the cause, just so I'm not going in blind.

Bike was serviced in March at the dealership. About a month later I noticed a very very slight seepage around the seal of the front brake fluid reservoir. Also, there is what appears to be a misting behind the window. I cna't really tell what colour the fluid is due to that.

After wiping the seepage off, it hasn't returned, but the misting of the inspection window remains.

Any clues, is it moisture? What outcome could I expect do you think. I've never touched it so I know its nothing I've done.

Regards,

Martin

I would suspect its moisture. Which will eventually build up if the system isn't sealed properly.

It's not a good thing and at the very least get your fluid changed immediately.

Apparently its the known fault with the lower section of the master cylinder not being ground smooth, thats what I've read online. They will change it as "good will" but want to charge for labour. Since this is a defect present since the date of manufacture, I'm not sure either I or the dealer should be paying the labour, I reckon BMW should cover the whole thing.

In any case, looks like a week or two wait for the part.

Back
Top Bottom