A positive thread

I rode to work this morning and the forks didn't collapse, and it didn't spontaneously rust - perhaps I got a good 'un or perhaps I just look after it?

I might use the Thruxton R tomorrow just because the forecast is sunny and I fancy looking cooler than a penguin's pecker as I arrive at work - but it's always good to get back onto the luxurious GS telever/paralever suzzies of the GS after being battered by the Showa and Ohlins :)

I rode to work this morning and the forks didn't collapse, and it didn't spontaneously rust - perhaps I got a good 'un or perhaps I just look after it?

I might use the Thruxton R tomorrow just because the forecast is sunny and I fancy looking cooler than a penguin's pecker as I arrive at work - but it's always good to get back onto the luxurious GS telever/paralever suzzies of the GS after being battered by the Showa and Ohlins :)

Poser :D

I know what you mean

I took the Bonnie T120 today as it's 32°c here but I still arrived at work looking cooler than an Armani fridge

And because I took the magic carpet ride dynamic ESA telelever GS yesterday :cool:

Corsica

Just done 2800 miles to Corsica and back...2 up fully loaded.

36 degrees in Corsica..7.5 and lashing down in Southern France...bike never missed a beat...all day comfy and the GSAP was amazing during the twisties.

Only issue was the tyre pressure readings were a bit up and down, but thats probably due to the temperature changes.

Well done all
3 pages of positive pages
17 pages of stanchions
100s on corrosion
100s on failures

says it all!

PS the bike does ride like a dream. However most reasonable people would think that an alleged premium un stoppable motorcycle might have a few less issues. :p

I've been a convert since the 24th April when I collected my Rally(e) from Vines in Guildford. Makes me smile every time I look at it let alone ride it. Spent some money on crash protection, mudslinger and fender extender, took my time to set up all the electronics for my haphazard style of riding and learnt how to use the GSAP. Moved my other bike (2014 Ducati Streetfighter) yesterday and took it out for a quick run. 30 seconds in I was thinking 'How did I commute on this for three years?' 20 minutes later I remembered that quote from that Nick fella who did the globe on an R1, about no bike is uncomfortable your body just has to learn how to adapt and it's all muscle memory. My muscles have no memory and pined for the BMW all the way home. I foresee a Ducati sale soon. The Rally(e) is quicker than it looks, handles amazingly and I'm more likely to kill it than it kill me.

Oh right. Good.

I get the feeling some people don't know how to use it correctly and therefore it must be rubbish!

Back
Top Bottom