A positive thread

WaterMonkey

Reaction score
Getting a bit bored of reading horror stories now so thought I'd just tell you I just had a great trip down to Cornwall, from Kent and back with no corrosion, glitches, suspension problems, No yellow warning triangles and no problem reading the speedo!

Brilliant bike, I think we should talk more about the positives before everyone gets a warped view of the issues!

The best thing though was all the other GS's I saw who waved. :beerjug:

Wasn't keen on seeing a bloke standing on the wrong side of the railing above the M26, hopefully he didn't jump!

Getting a bit bored of reading horror stories now so thought I'd just tell you I just had a great trip down to Cornwall, from Kent and back with no corrosion, glitches, suspension problems, No yellow warning triangles and no problem reading the speedo!

Brilliant bike, I think we should talk more about the positives before everyone gets a warped view of the issues!

Wasn't keen on seeing a bloke standing on the wrong side of the railing above the M26, hopefully he didn't jump!

It's a brilliant bike, hence the reason I am on my 4th and will almost certainly have a 5th :)

Nothing more to say. It's my second GS but first GSA LC and I love it so much.

Good idea.
This is my first LC and only done 3k miles on it but each mile has been better than the last.
Fantastic bike and a big improvement on my 2012 air cooled..
Looking forward to setting off on holiday in a few weeks to really try it out.

Getting a bit bored of reading horror stories now so thought I'd just tell you I just had a great trip down to Cornwall, from Kent and back with no corrosion, glitches, suspension problems, box hanging onto 2nd and 3rd gear problems, No yellow warning triangles and no problem reading the speedo!

corrected for you :augie

Yep, its good to spend the love.
On my with GSA, had the antenna ring failure and the fuel pump issue at one stage but no issues since. Superb bike and I'l be having another (Hopefully)!

I also went to Cornwall (Helston) from almost-Kent (darkest east Surrey) and back this week-end, without a hitch. How weird is that - two GS's that didn't have a problem on a trip?

I also went to Cornwall (Helston) from almost-Kent (darkest east Surrey) and back this week-end, without a hitch. How weird is that - two GS's that didn't have a problem on a trip?

Make that three bikes without any problems, and I'm very confident it's going to be just great around Europe next week.

Just returned from a trip to Benidorm and it ran faultless, despite me trying to kill it by putting diesel in it the night before the trip!:eek:

Good thread.:thumb

But remember that for every unhappy owner, there are at least thousand happy owners. ;)

I've almost finished the NC500. Esconced in Kingussie as I type this. Started in Glasgow and will finish in Edinburgh in 2 days time. My GS1200 LC is behaving itself. No problems at all.
In its 3 year life it has had a new fork leg, frame, engine and antenna ring!! Just for balance mind, :hide

His GS LC did not break down?

Re positive thread.

I am positive the LC has many issues. I am positive I will NOT buy another!. I am positive it will not be German.
I am positive that I have had 10 faults which equate to several thousands of pounds of warranty work.
I am positive this will tarnish BMWs reputation.
I am positive more than a 100 engines have been replaced due to corrosion

Re positive thread.

I am positive the LC has many issues. I am positive I will NOT buy another!. I am positive it will not be German.
I am positive that I have had 10 faults which equate to several thousands of pounds of warranty work.
I am positive this will tarnish BMWs reputation.
I am positive more than a 100 engines have been replaced due to corrosion

Why shit all over this thread? We know you've had issues.

I have just come back from a week in Europe. Spent time in the alpine passes, playing. Yes, I have paint "issues" but this dosen't detract from the fact that the bike has superb handling and with the mid range grunt it possess can outperform a number of similar typed bikes. I would buy another one again if I could afford it.

I know, I know.
I can't help it, feed me the lines and 3 pints of 5.4% cider and i'll bite.

Back
Top Bottom