A positive thread

I've done over 14,000 miles on my LC GSA, not a single fault, no corrosion, it's a great bike.

If it's so brilliant why do you keep changing it ? Anything to do with expiring warranties ?

Name a bike that has never had any issues, then do a Google search and read forums. You'll always find issues but they are great bikes, are ridden all over the world and many thousands of people won't have major issues. We need to get a perspective on here!
So keep negative shit off this thread and let's here you all telling us why you love your bikes. If you don't love them sell up and leave the forum!

Soooooo glad I bought mine last November... love riding it again, again and again. About to head off to the Alps; that's a first too. It's just so comfortable fully loaded incl swmbo. It rides so well..... but I can't stop buying shit for it:blast it's getting very expensive :D:thumby::bounce1

Bags o shite, but they have presence, and shouldn't handle ,but for reasons beyond me they do , and when everything clicks its one bike thats hard to keep with on a real road, love hate.

Name a bike that has never had any issues, then do a Google search and read forums. You'll always find issues but they are great bikes, are ridden all over the world and many thousands of people won't have major issues. We need to get a perspective on here!
So keep negative shit off this thread and let's here you all telling us why you love your bikes. If you don't love them sell up and leave the forum!

I think you'll find there a few people on here who don't own this utterly fabulous machine but are on this forum.But as you've only been here 5 minutes,you've still got much to learn. :aidan

If it's so brilliant why do you keep changing it ? Anything to do with expiring warranties ?

Nope I just like shiny new bikes, almost always keep them past the two year warranty period - I do about 12,000 miles a year so after three years it's time for an upgrade - simples :)

Nope I just like shiny new bikes, almost always keep them past the two year warranty period - I do about 12,000 miles a year so after three years it's time for an upgrade - simples :)

Fair enough.I know exactly what you mean.Some people do chop and change quite often.:D

I've almost finished the NC500. Esconced in Kingussie as I type this. Started in Glasgow and will finish in Edinburgh in 2 days time. My GS1200 LC is behaving itself. No problems at all.
In its 3 year life it has had a new fork leg, frame, engine and antenna ring!! Just for balance mind, :hide

You probably got a Pommy One they always complain!

I've just been for a five day blast across to Pilsen. 1639 miles return, quite a lot of those at speeds appropriate to Autobahns. Comfortable enough for an old geezer to spend all day in the saddle; didn't worry when the temp hit 40c, didn't worry when it hammered down with rain.
An ideal bike for that trip. And still an ideal bike when I'm commuting or going for a quick spin.

I've just been for a five day blast across to Pilsen. 1639 miles return, quite a lot of those at speeds appropriate to Autobahns. Comfortable enough for an old geezer to spend all day in the saddle; didn't worry when the temp hit 40c, didn't worry when it hammered down with rain.
An ideal bike for that trip. And still an ideal bike when I'm commuting or going for a quick spin.

Couldn't have put it any better..:beerjug:
That's why we buy them I'm sure..

Just back from Assen on my 2014, 42k miler. No paint,corrosion or any other issues. Am off to Scotland for a 3 week, 2 up tour leaving on Friday. Don't expect any problems on that trip either.

Quite simply the best bike I've ever had in 44 years riding.

Love mine to bits, yes it's the best bike I've ever had, never cease to be blown away by the ESA suspension and telelever

Had it 14 months, done a Northern Spain trip and a Corsica trip on it and a few quickies + work etc

It's a bike, so I ride it, often 2 up and loaded, I jet wash it when it's minging and I've had it serviced by BMW

So far it's perfect, no problems, looks and rides like new, which is no more than I expect from a GS or any other 14 month old bike for that matter :nenau

I had a 2007 GS for 7 years and loved it, now have a 2017 GSA and love this more it really is good.
Just done 1100 miles all around Yorkshire and Northumberland and it was great.
Had a fog light fail but other than that I'm loving it :thumb

I had one of the first in the country (early 2013), now up to 24k and running better than ever. Had some minor problems fixed under warranty but has been by far the best bike I have ever owned. Looks like new after a good clean despite year-round use. Very pleased I took out the extended warranty though as the entire clutch has just been replaced. I think about changing it now and again but can't see anything out there that tempts me. Will wait for the next major new model/upgrade and then reconsider.

I do agree that the constant whingeing gets very tedious, it's the main reason I haven't posted in ages.

Did 2700 miles in 5 days on my 2017 Rallye including 800 miles on autobahns. Even the quirky Rallye seat was fine. Obviously I got a very numb bum but no worse than any other bike I have ridden away.

Killed a lot of insects and squared off my rear tyre though!

Very pleased with it. Saw loads of GS's in the Vosges and the Black Forest but not another Rallye :beerjug:

I have a 2014 TE, which handles fantasticly, has no rust anywhere, gear change is very smooth, ESA handles the bumps, has good fuelling and heated grips work perfectly. I have a good relationship with the dealer (3RD gs) and I am protected by extended warranty. I dont get to ride it a lot but off to Austria next Month doing the Ride Magazine tour. i could upgrade but to be honest I am perfectly happy. The only issue I have is that the upright riding position gives me a numb bum over long distances, wierdly sportsbikes are more comfortable for me, but I just like riding the gs.

Been riding bikes for 32 years and GS's for the last 13.. 2017 GS is the best all round bike I've ever ridden..

Back
Top Bottom