Cambridge - good news

So - have uncovered a bit of a hidden gem in Cambridge which I think would appeal to anyone having a ride out.

Arthur Rank Hospice has a massively underpriced cafe called the 'bistro' which does breakfasts and lunches 7 days a week. Profits (which somehow they assure me they make) go to support the hospice.

During weekdays you are asked to park in the park and ride next door, but weekends you can park on site.

Don't expect polenta chips or anything with a balsamic glaze, but basic honest food done well. Had breakfast there this morning. Sausage, two eggs beans, coffee two rounds of toast and and orange juice x 2 people for a tenner. (that's for both of us, not each) Pick and choose what you want, I think there probably is a menu but we've never bothered with it. Just ask and they'll do it if they can. Really clean and friendly. Great place.

We had Sunday lunch last week with a choice of Chicken or Gammon, veg, gravy roasties and a really nice homemade apple crumble (£1 per serving). Nice seating outside when it's sunny, nice seating indoors when it isn't.

On the outskirts of the city (Lime Kiln Hill) so you don't have to deal with traffic if you don't want to and some nice ride outs from there over the Gogs and out through the countryside.

They'll happily do you just a cup of tea and a loo break if that's all you want.

If you're in the area I think you'll be hard pressed to find the same quality at that price - and it's off the beaten track.

Definitely going to be a regular for us - so if you're planning on coming over then let me know and I'd be glad to meet up if we're around :thumb2

So - have uncovered a bit of a hidden gem in Cambridge which I think would appeal to anyone having a ride out.

Arthur Rank Hospice has a massively underpriced cafe called the 'bistro' which does breakfasts and lunches 7 days a week. Profits (which somehow they assure me they make) go to support the hospice.

During weekdays you are asked to park in the park and ride next door, but weekends you can park on site.

Don't expect polenta chips or anything with a balsamic glaze, but basic honest food done well. Had breakfast there this morning. Sausage, two eggs beans, coffee two rounds of toast and and orange juice x 2 people for a tenner. (that's for both of us, not each) Pick and choose what you want, I think there probably is a menu but we've never bothered with it. Just ask and they'll do it if they can. Really clean and friendly. Great place.

We had Sunday lunch last week with a choice of Chicken or Gammon, veg, gravy roasties and a really nice homemade apple crumble (£1 per serving). Nice seating outside when it's sunny, nice seating indoors when it isn't.

On the outskirts of the city (Lime Kiln Hill) so you don't have to deal with traffic if you don't want to and some nice ride outs from there over the Gogs and out through the countryside.

They'll happily do you just a cup of tea and a loo break if that's all you want.

If you're in the area I think you'll be hard pressed to find the same quality at that price - and it's off the beaten track.

Definitely going to be a regular for us - so if you're planning on coming over then let me know and I'd be glad to meet up if we're around :thumb2

I will be checking it out for sure... a great charity too. Deserve all the support they get..:D

Let me know if you are riding out... would be happy to tag along sometime :thumby:

Ok, will give you a pm sometime... ride safe.. :D

Back
Top Bottom