Advice Please - R100GSPD Value

R90s sounds interesting to me :)

Would also love a GS with a sidecar....hens teeth ?

This is what you want Kenny - but wrong side of the road for UK

About Euros 11,000 - near Beaune

R69S with Steib R500

R69_2.jpg

R69_1.jpg

A combination is very good condition would be Euros 20k

The 1989 Model looks really good - £8k - I always thought that was the one to have - 10 years ago it was the least popular

all this Bike stuff is bringing back interest an R51/3 would be nice .....or an R68 ......... those are the Bikes that will always be classics - anyone on here got the earlier /2, /3, /5 Bikes?

If any of you do buy a GS, just make sure that it has all the original bits with it, (or at least you can still buy them from BM) - now I have started to look so many have been "messed" with - the mods may look OK at the time but most never do after a few years

This is my R100RS Motorsport, I bought it off a guy from the N West, who had not used it - he had an R69S with a Steib "bullet" side car

1978 - less than 200 made - less than 7,500 kms

heavy Bike and the faring takes some getting used to - white panniers!!

R100MS.jpg

Fair doos you have a great collection of bikes there. Just keep them as there better than money in the bank if you don't need to sell.

I only kept the ones which were in very, very good original condition with low miles ...... the reason I will sell is that they are just "sitting" there - we have a small "Gite" next to our main house and two of the rooms are full on Bikes and bits - we have now decided to sell the Gite, (will probably take 2 years out here) - we moved to France permanently 7 years ago - Oh and my age, I'm 71 years old this year and my reactions are not what they were - I think that I am OK "off road" - but in today's traffic, even or especially in rural France . it's not wise

At my age my back plays up and my knees are not great

That's due to carrying around that heavy wallet - How you doing Bill. P7S :D

This is my R100RS Motorsport, I bought it off a guy from the N West, who had not used it - he had an R69S with a Steib "bullet" side car

1978 - less than 200 made - less than 7,500 kms

heavy Bike and the faring takes some getting used to - white panniers!!

R100MS.jpg

One of my favourite BMW's.. Had two in the past... first aid kit in the front of the dark blue seat.

Bought one back in the early ninties from a bloke who advertised it in "Loot" (remember, the free ads paper) as an ex-police bike.
Because it was white he assumed it was an old police bike, had to bite my tongue while doing the deal, fastest start to finish buy i've ever done ... 25k miles, £500 quid.
In, load it on trailer, out and home in 5 minutes before anyone else turned up and told him what it was :D

That's due to carrying around that heavy wallet - How you doing Bill. P7S :D

One of my favourite BMW's.. Had two in the past... first aid kit in the front of the dark blue seat.

Bought one back in the early ninties from a bloke who advertised it in "Loot" (remember, the free ads paper) as an ex-police bike.
Because it was white he assumed it was an old police bike, had to bite my tongue while doing the deal, fastest start to finish buy i've ever done ... 25k miles, £500 quid.
In, load it on trailer, out and home in 5 minutes before anyone else turned up and told him what it was :D

Thanks Neil, I'm fine - good to "talk" to you - although sometimes on the "watch" and camera forums - wife nagging for me to get rid of the Bike and car stuff that I have

Hope you are well - you seem to be - what has happened to ?? forget his name - really good guy, big guy - rode a Black R100GS PD - the special edition model - I don't see any postings from him on here

R100RT and RS's - I never got on with the faring going straight on when you turned a corner

Thanks Neil, good to "talk" to you - although sometimes on the "watch" and camera forums

Hope you are well - you seem to be - what has happened to ?? forget his name - really good guy, big guy - rode a Black R100GS PD - the special edition model - I don't see any postings from him on here

Judge -Andy. Still around but not so large anymore, plus no longer has an air cooled bmw.

R100RT and RS's - I never got on with the faring going straight on when you turned a corner

The small turning circle on the RS always used to catch me out.

Judge, (Andy) - that's right - hope he is well - always knew his stuff

Hi Bill. Nice to hear from you again.

I seem to recall seeing those bikes at your house around the time the pics were taken. Very nice collection indeed :thumb2

Wish I'd tried to get you to sell me that Basic :)

Hi Bill. Nice to hear from you again.

I seem to recall seeing those bikes at your house around the time the pics were taken. Very nice collection indeed :thumb2

Wish I'd tried to get you to sell me that Basic :)

Hi Cookie

I did get a bit obsessional about Airhead's - I think that I had 12 running Bikes at one time, including 3 x R80GS Basic

I remember coming down to see you at your place ........ hope you are keeping well and all that.

Once we moved to France permanently I got into Bird photography in a big way in France and S Africa .........

Best wishes

Bill

just brought the Bike back to the UK, (Winchester) - needs registering in the UK

anyone interested at £7k and you register the Bike in the UK

Happy to trade for a Rolex or Tudor watch with cash either way

If anyone is genuinely interested I'll post images

"0484/K66/R100GSPD - Colour scheme is 693 and it was produced 01/1993 - 36,633kms, (under 25,000 miles) - Imported from Germany maybe 10 years ago - I have never registered the Bike in the UK but have all the German Papers etc. - It has been dry stored, (in a room in the house) for the last 7 years and the Bike has not been used - so would need all fluid changes, (which I can do) and maybe new tyres, which although they are almost new are 10 + years old, Bike has a kick start and Heated Grips, BMW Panniers

It is in very good original condition - these are older images but the Bike is still exactly as the images - it is a really good Bike, (I have had 5 R100GSPD's of various colours and 693 is quite rare)"

a few images - note images can flatter

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

That may be the cleanest and best condition bike (PD) I have ever seen on this forum.
Lovely bike :clap and a great advert

Back
Top Bottom