Advice Please - R100GSPD Value

BillN

Reaction score
I was a member in the past but moved to France some years ago - I'm now getting on a bit but still have a few Bikes and parts that I shouldnow sell.

I just need to get some idea of what they are worth - I realise that I need to join to sell them on here

How about the following to start with

0484/K66/R100GSPD - Colour scheme is 693 and it was produced 01/1993 - 36,633kms, (under 25,000 miles) - Imported from Germany maybe 10 years ago - I have never registered the Bike in the UK but have all the German Papers etc. - It has been dry stored, (in a room in the house) for the last 7 years and the Bike has not been used - so would need all fluid changes, (which I can do) and maybe new tyres, which although they are almost new are 10 + years old, Bike has a kick start and Heated Grips

It is in very good original condition - these are older images but the Bike is still exactly as the images - it is a really good Bike, (I have had 5 R100GSPD's of various colours and 693 is quite rare)

Just a few images

Bike_LHS.jpg

Bike_RHS.jpg

Bevel_RHS.jpg

Exhaust_LHS.jpg

kick.jpg

KMS.jpg

papers.jpg

switchgear.jpg

carbs_1.jpg

I'd do nothing to it at the moment. There seems to be a market for bikes like that. Just the way they are. Judging by what people are asking for junk mongerls your bike has to be worth a lot. I'd look for professional advice. JJH

I'd do nothing to it at the moment. There seems to be a market for bikes like that. Just the way they are. Judging by what people are asking for junk mongerls your bike has to be worth a lot. I'd look for professional advice. JJH

Thanks

when we left the UK - 7 years ago - R100GSPD's were selling for £3.5k to £5.5k - I think that I sold the 89' one - nearest to camera in second photo for £2.5k - the Bike was "broken" to build an HPN "special"
The Black and "Green" (Colour scheme 672), one was sold with a sidecar that I had and I think the guy went on a trip to Russia
Forget what happened to the other Red one
The 80GS Basic with the "special" bits and two tanks went to Gary in Derby

Sold these three before I left - only this one left

The Three.jpg

The Three_2.jpg

sidecar.jpg

Sidecar_2.jpg

What a lovely collection of bikes. The last one you have seems to be the jewel. You must have an idea of the value yourself. Have you a asking price? They seem to do well at auction lately. JJH

Ah, what a nice looking bike, I'd guess you'd get at least £5500/£6000 in Uk, and of course its the very desirable :cool: purple :D

That purple bra is a bit of a distraction though, I'd take that off and flog it to someone with a purple GS :green gri

What a lovely collection of bikes. The last one you have seems to be the jewel. You must have an idea of the value yourself. Have you a asking price? They seem to do well at auction lately. JJH

I have no idea of value - until a few days ago I had not looked at "Bikes" for 7 years

My wife is now insisting that I clear all the stuff out - I have lots of spares and still have a R90S, R80 and R100RS Motorsport as well as the 100GS PD

Ah, what a nice looking bike, I'd guess you'd get at least £5500/£6000 in Uk, and of course its the very desirable :cool: purple :D

That purple bra is a bit of a distraction though, I'd take that off and flog it to someone with a purple GS :green gri

Ironically the 89 model is probably the one to have - I think that there were 4 different tank decals depending on the year - all slightly different

The "purple bra" - BMW colour 345 Velvet Violet came with the Bike

This was my favourite R100GS PD

Cpr_1.jpg

Bill, nice to be acquainted again

Personally I would register in the UK, just MOT, 1st Reg fee and tax and NOVA declaration - should take about 1 month

I reckon you could get £7995 for it then, so UK registering it would be worthwhile

Unregistered, maybe £6995 on a good day:thumby:

Bill, nice to be acquainted again

Personally I would register in the UK, just MOT, 1st Reg fee and tax and NOVA declaration - should take about 1 month

I reckon you could get £7995 for it then, so UK registering it would be worthwhile

Unregistered, maybe £6995 on a good day:thumby:

Thanks Johnny, really appreciated - nice to be "back" - not many of the "old crowd" around - I only ride a few miles a year in the summer out here on my R80
At my age my back plays up and my knees are not great

My R80

R80_2.jpg

The R100GS PD - I may try advertising out here - but as you say register in the UK/MOT and advertising is probably the way to go - I have a guy who will bring three Bikes back to the UK for me for £750 to £1k - but I still have a single Bike trailer and I can always bring it back in September and tow it with my Yeti

I have never seen one of these new 800GS "twins" - presumably they are a lot lighter than an Airhead - I was thinking of giving one a try ........ but No No No is the message I get from

Ironically the 89 model is probably the one to have - I think that there were 4 different tank decals depending on the year - all slightly different

The "purple bra" - BMW colour 345 Velvet Violet came with the Bike

This was my favourite R100GS PD

Cpr_1.jpg

I know, just pulling your leg as I'm the 'someone' with a purple bike. I didn't spot the outfit, obviously that adds s bit too.

I have no idea of value - until a few days ago I had not looked at "Bikes" for 7 years

My wife is now insisting that I clear all the stuff out - I have lots of spares and still have a R90S, R80 and R100RS Motorsport as well as the 100GS PD

Sorry didnt realise you were away so long..a lot has happend in that time. Value of your bike has doubled at least. JJH

I was interested for a long while in buying one of these so have kept a close eye on them. Johnny says about 8K registered in the uk but to be honest I think you would struggle. some of the ones on ebay sat at between 6 and 7 k are still there now, months down the line and are clean with low millage.
For some reason the R100gs pd don't seem to be as easy to move on as the r80gs or even the standard r100gs.
At the end of the day, Its what someone will pay for it I suppose. but I think 8 grand is a touch on the steep side.

I was interested for a long while in buying one of these so have kept a close eye on them. Johnny says about 8K registered in the uk but to be honest I think you would struggle. some of the ones on ebay sat at between 6 and 7 k are still there now, months down the line and are clean with low millage.
For some reason the R100gs pd don't seem to be as easy to move on as the r80gs or even the standard r100gs.
At the end of the day, Its what someone will pay for it I suppose. but I think 8 grand is a touch on the steep side.

Thanks Rocky - as you indicate people will only pay what a Bike is worth - I'm in no hurry - interesting that Bikes in France are very similar prices to the UK, although you can still pick up a high miles R80G/S for Euros 4,000 - I have just started looking around at prices.

As far as this one is concerned I think you either like the colour or not, most will find it not to their taste, though that was one of the reasons I bought it .......... (at one time I had 10 Airheads - I was overtaken by the passion to collect) - if I bought another, however, I would go for a R69S as I have always wanted to ride that Bike

I was interested for a long while in buying one of these so have kept a close eye on them.

Johnny says about 8K registered in the uk but to be honest I think you would struggle. some of the ones on ebay sat at between 6 and 7 k are still there now, months down the line and are clean with low millage.

Some here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R100G...219892?hash=item1ec885a234:g:1sQAAOSw3v5YtqFr

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-BMW-...290017?hash=item46597105e1:g:p1MAAOSw5cNYOB7P

A rising commodity

Back
Top Bottom