Airhead Batteries

I was going to suggest a Lithium battery until i saw that you thought the PC680 was too small :)

I was going to suggest a Lithium battery until i saw that you thought the PC680 was too small :)

I don't think that it is too small "power" wise Andrew - it is just that it is narrower than the OEM and you have to pack it with a piece of wood or similar to secure it in the Battery Carrier

Im running a motobatt for the first time on my GS. Its the same size as the R80 g/s battery. No issues at all so far. £20 Cheaper than an odyssey. Fits straight in the G/s style battery carrier

0179B6D6-5BAB-41D5-803E-A440CA817C60_zpsokgmcnmx.jpg

My seven year/ 160,000 km old Motobatt still starts my Hi comp 1000cc G/S PD instantly.
In Oz they are around half the price of a PC680 or a Deka.
Lithium has crossed my mind when considering its eventual replacement, but as they are over twice the price and most are dubious quality I will probably give them a miss - if I want to save a bit weight it is cheaper just to half fill the tank!

I don't think that it is too small "power" wise Andrew - it is just that it is narrower than the OEM and you have to pack it with a piece of wood or similar to secure it in the Battery Carrier

It was the size... :)

And i believe you are correct, as you can get more power with the same size of Lithium, with certain caveats like cold starts.

I had to make a new tray for my Ducati for the Lithium to fit it was so small. I've not worn out my PC680 on the beemer yet so will get a Lithium then as I am always happy losing some weight and size.

Motoren Israel, sell a very nice battery case to fit the PC680, powdercoated SS, not cheap but very nice.

Motoren Israel, sell a very nice battery case to fit the PC680, powdercoated SS, not cheap but very nice.

I have one of those but not powder coated. Still requires a piece of thin ply to pack it out though.
PC-680. In its 11th year now :thumb2

Since fitting a Motobatt to my R100GS PD they are the only battery I buy for any of my bikes. Loads of power, decent price, last ages.

As an alternative view my battery was a bit tired on the R100R and we had one of these on the shelf...Yuasa U1R which is labelled for lawn mowers and fits fine... The terminals are proud but the tool tray is plastic and there is plenty of room... It's predecessor the 895 fitted my old RT... U1R is higher spec than the 895... Trade worker, trade price...;)

As an alternative view my battery was a bit tired on the R100R and we had one of these on the shelf...Yuasa U1R which is labelled for lawn mowers and fits fine... The terminals are proud but the tool tray is plastic and there is plenty of room... It's predecessor the 895 fitted my old RT... U1R is higher spec than the 895... Trade worker, trade price...;)

I see halfords selling those for less than half the price of a motobatt.

R80 - I bought the Exide Motorrad GEL12-19 - 12V - 19Ah - 170A EN - 185mm x 80mm x 170mm - exact size of OEM

from Tayna-Batteries who deliver to France

Back
Top Bottom