Rear Wheel R80ST or R80G/S

I see on Garys BaMW website he is about to offer relining and skimming of these rear drums - could be an extremely valuable resource if if works.......

Quite a few folks offer the service for old British sports cars which have cast in liners in alloy drums, but if the BMW hubs have used the Alfin process it is unlikely that the can be successful on a working bike-
OK if you trailer your treasure to a show or do the odd parade lap at Goodwood every other year, but no use on a working bike.
But they would look OK in a picture, so should probably be all most internet posters would need, so there will still be a decent market for the service. ,

I thought one of the german places sold new CNC produced rear hubs? Can't remember where I saw them though.

I see on Garys BaMW website he is about to offer relining and skimming of these rear drums - could be an extremely valuable resource if if works.......

I'll watch that space. I've been putting off rebuilding the R90S rear wheel too, as the drum's so worn.

Rear Wheel Spokes

I have fitted both bikes with same and inter swapped um about too Bill. I think they are the same just like you. If it aint oval in the brake lining area it will be worth quite a bit of dosh as they are as rare as hens teeth. I have a brand new set of stainless steel spokes and nipples for a rear wheel in my loft doing nowt - if there's a buyer about !!

I would be interested in the spokes & nipples PM me

Hi Bill, just seen your post about ST wheels, you mention two tanks. I've just bought an ST but it has an R100R tank. Would one of yours be for sale. Cheers Martin

Funnily Enough I still have an Original Unused R80G/s Rear wheel/ hub still in it orginal box! I must dig it out sometime.

Last edited:
Funnily Enough I still have an Original Unused R80G/s Rear wheel/ hub still in it orginal box! I must dig it out sometime.

If its the entire wheel and hub I would imagine that must be about the only one left in the world.

Name your price!

Yep Complete assembly and as Mick said as rare as hens teeth..

And there was me thinking might have had one of the last ones.

you must be able to buy the rims, spoke set and hubs new?

certainly rims and spoke sets

Back
Top Bottom