Air hawk seat pad

S A Watt

Reaction score
I bought my new rt lc in may and love the bike itself. It's my first BMW.

The only issue I have is that the seat is not as comfy as the fjr I put away. Surprised at that but never mind.

I'm off on a trip to Ireland in the next couple of weeks and wondered about one of these Airhawk 2 seat pads

Anyone got any feedback on these and what size I need I suspect it's a cruiser medium but advices would be appreciated.

They seem to say these are the best.

In due course I might do something with the seat but been a lot going out, and time won't allow for this trip.

Might even see if I can pick up a eBay one just to keep me going For now and do the trip if any goood

Look forward to any advices.

I think the airhawks are a 'marmite' love em or hate em thing.

I tried on on my RT LC and I'm afraid it wasn't for me. The seller (Mike and Sports Touring) said a lot of people over inflate them, I tried all sorts of pressures, but felt that I lost some feel and contact on the bike.

I ride with motorcycle gel pants (http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/399037-Moto-Skiveez-NO-MORE-NUMB-BUM) and also had Tony Archer of Huddersfield re-work my spare seat and it's a much happier affair.

Thanks for coming back wobble.

I have bought a pair of cycle padded shorts to try.

I think seat will be best option but not enough time before I go away.

What size of airhawk did you buy as a matter of interest.

Do you still have it and are you interested in selling it on if you do to keep me going.

Doing a 1500 mile trip to:aidan

Medium Cruiser will probably be best, inflate to max-ih put on bike and then sit on the bike , let it down whilst onboard to the minimum pressure that still keeps you from bottoming out onto the original seat.

I find 400 plus miles days fine on the GSA with an Airhawk fitted

I have a RT LC and found it the most comfortable BM seat I have sat on if it's in the high position, don't go the cycling shorts route, you have paid thousands of pounds for the bike, get comfortable on the bike before you go on holiday or you could spoil the holiday, I have a new Airhawk medium cruiser for sale £85 posted, bought for a F650 but sold the bike before I used it

Hi Dennis the menace

Can you give me a email and we can discuss the air hawk.

Shaneandsusan253@btinternet.com

And thanks for all your advice. I think getting the seat done would be best move but need to sort that later. seat pad will get me going for now till I get that done.

Thanks again

Dennis I have dropped you an email. You should have it. Check your junk if not.

Hi Dennis I have tried new email address but does not like it. Tried you on old one again the sky one which starts in a ladies name If you don't get it if you email me your number I can text you

Thanks for email Dennis. That's a deal and I have emailed you back for details. Thanks

The Airhawk cushion pad is working a treat.

Made all the difference for me.

Can now sit on the bike all day👍

Can't quite believe the difference with it.

Best extra I have bought for it.

Back
Top Bottom