Bleeding linked brakes-what am I doing wrong

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
All I seem to get is air. I thought I'd start at the back and move along to the splitter then front but I can't get anything at the back to start with.
Front right was a doddle and just like a normal bleed process.
Help please
G

All I seem to get is air. I thought I'd start at the back and move along to the splitter then front but I can't get anything at the back to start with.
Front right was a doddle and just like a normal bleed process.
Help please
G

Start from the front, because that is the farthest away, then to the rear,

I have never had any problems bleeding, I use a air powered bleeder, and it's always been simple, if you are having problems, try removing and elevating the calliper above the height of the master cylinder, moving it around so that the air gets to the caliper,

You could get a large syringe and push fluid from the caliper to the master cylinder, then pull it back, don't try to get every last bit out, just weigh the lever down and wait a couple of days, don't worry about bubbles in the line, it will pull air through the nipple threads it's all in getting a working lever.

If you are just pumping the lever then it will never work, as the fluid has to go up and down, to get to the caliper, try putting a couple of meters of clear tube on the nipple, then sucking on the tube, if you have no syringe or bleeding equipment.

Good effort and it makes sense. I use a suction type kit but pushing the fluid from the caliper should help the air to rise.
I'll give it a try with a 100ml syringe.

Just tried from the caliper up and it seems to have worked. As said I'll leave the lever weighted down to let the air rise.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom