Bike Seal

oddshapedballs

Reaction score
Anyone use Bike Seal? Does it work, cause any issues when getting tyres changed or mess with the tyre pressure sensors?

http://bikeseal.co.uk/

I watched the YouTube vids, but you never know how many takes or editing trickery is used to make it look amazing.

Cheers.

I've used Puncturesafe which sounds very similar.

It works and tyre repair techs have no problems with it. It sealed a puncture caused by an M6 bolt. But being a larger that usual hole I took it for repair. The bloke asked why I was bothering but I'd arrived so got it done anyway. The goo caused him no problems and the tyre went back on.

I have tyre pressure sensors. Again, no problems. Just remove the valve core and blow through with air line or stirrup pump before refitting the core.

My attitude is it will seal small holes like nails just pull them out and damage is less than it would take to fit a mushroom plug or similar.

For very large damage, it will at least reduce the rate of air loss giving more time to stop. Ride a few dozen yards on a properly flat tyre and if you don't fall off, the rim will be toast.

Just a little warning as to what can happen with Puncturesafe. It can seal the outer rubber of the tyre and air can get between the inner and outer layer. You are then riding on an egg which will explode dramatically as happened here.

Some would say that any puncture means the tyre is scrap for just these reasons.

This was why I had my tyre repaired professionally. The M6 bolt caused a pretty big hole which blew out sealant before it sealed. I can't see a small hole with a plug being any better than a PunctureSafe seal (or any other tyre goo).

I've used Puncturesafe which sounds very similar.
.................I have tyre pressure sensors. Again, no problems. Just remove the valve core and blow through with air line or stirrup pump before refitting the core.

Anyone else tried tyre sealant with pressure sensors ??
I like the idea, the product works fine on other vehicles I have, but I don't want to knacker the TPS.

I'm thinking of adding something like this to my new vans tyres as it looks like it doesnt come with a spare. But I have to say this brands website really doesnt impress me.

I have bike seal in my GS. TPS works fine I assume as the pressure reading hasn't changed. No change in balance or vibration. I was told it's still fluid and under motion the liquid is forced to the sides. In th event of a puncture the Kevlar stuff is forced into the hole sealing it.

I used slime once and left it in for a year or more. One tubeless tyre got HUGE corrosion on the rim, even between the tyre and rim seal. Stuffed the rim. If you use it, wash it out after a few weeks.

I used slime once and left it in for a year or more. One tubeless tyre got HUGE corrosion on the rim, even between the tyre and rim seal. Stuffed the rim. If you use it, wash it out after a few weeks.

This happens when you use inner tube sealant in a tubeless wheel/tyre.

Get the correct grade sealant and its all fine.

Anyone else tried tyre sealant with pressure sensors ??
I like the idea, the product works fine on other vehicles I have, but I don't want to knacker the TPS.

I use it with tyre pressure sensors. No problems. The valve core is removed while the stuff is squirted in. I also blow air through before refitting the valve core. When a new tyres are fitted the sensors are barely spattered with blue goo.

I had the same stuff in a bike where the brass tube valve sprang a leak from it's washer/seal. The tyre sealant never got close so had to remove the tyre to fix the valve stem. My tyres have sealant in now - no problems with pressure sensors. The next set will have the same.

As said before be certain to use tubeless tyre grade. DO NOT use inner tube grade.

Back
Top Bottom