Wiring loom headaches

jtw000

Reaction score
I could use a little help from any potential electrical experts. I'm putting my X back together after an electrical fire. I finally sourced and got a new loom but the motorcycle has been off the road now for 2 years. I've completely lost track of where everything goes. Does anyone know if the coil packs are critical? I've got a wiring diagram and it looks to me like they both fire together so does it make any difference which way round they go? Any advice there? Also I've got a dark red plug that doesn't seem to go anywhere and two small ones that I also can't account for. There's also what looks like a sensor sticking out the crank-case and there's no corresponding plug for it. I've checked the old loom and there's nothing there either that seems to fit. That lives right behind the oil tank.
The bike was previously an ABS model but the new loom isn't. That doesn't bother me at all but perhaps the loom has redundant wiring?

Any pointers would be great. Thanks.

I could use a little help from any potential electrical experts. I'm putting my X back together after an electrical fire. I finally sourced and got a new loom but the motorcycle has been off the road now for 2 years. I've completely lost track of where everything goes. Does anyone know if the coil packs are critical? I've got a wiring diagram and it looks to me like they both fire together so does it make any difference which way round they go? Any advice there? Also I've got a dark red plug that doesn't seem to go anywhere and two small ones that I also can't account for. There's also what looks like a sensor sticking out the crank-case and there's no corresponding plug for it. I've checked the old loom and there's nothing there either that seems to fit. That lives right behind the oil tank.
The bike was previously an ABS model but the new loom isn't. That doesn't bother me at all but perhaps the loom has redundant wiring?

Any pointers would be great. Thanks.

Have you downloaded the wiring diagrams from my server? The link is in one of the stickied threads.

I've got the diagrams but with my very limited knowledge, they're not a huge help. It has helped me to match up the sensors and other universal plugs. I've now for the coil packs properly connected and I'm just waiting to identify a few more parts.

I've got a spare abs loom in my loft....

Pm if interested...

Coils are critical! The right side, the secondary one should have the white marked cable connecting with it.
If you need wire colours, I will have a look.
Same with the other bits, if we had a pix.
Cheers
Josey

Back
Top Bottom