YMaha YZF1000R Clutch Problems

Stevie4scoops

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Please could anyone who's had a similar problem to the one below and found a solution let me know how they overcame it.

A friend has a Yamaha YZF1000R which suffers from clutch drag and is virtually impossible to get into neutral when stationary with the engine running.

He's changed the whole clutch mechanism + because this didn't improve it the hydraulic pipe as recommended by someone who said they'd had a similar issue and this solved it. The oil is also fresh and is the correct grade, type etc for the bike.

The leaver has resistance all the way so is moving the clutch but it's still dragging far too much.

I read on the GS forum that someone cured their clutch problem by using different oil and not filling it more than half way up the sight glass.

My GSLC gearbox and clutch spoiled the bike so much I sold it and I had tried this.

Any tips or ideas to solve my friend's problem would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

bent or warped steels or frictions, incorrect fitment, none genuine parts, wrong grade oil, week or faulty master or slave cylinder. there are many things that can cause this problem

Back
Top Bottom