Thoughts on Rev' It Cayenne Pro & Sand 3 gloves

deksawyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought a pair of both these gloves from Sportbikeshop and here are my thoughts for anyone interested.

Cayenne Pro - Sturdy, nice amounts of protection, and the fit (L) was pretty good, although the fingers are very slightly too long. One pinky is slightly tighter than the other and I thought this was going to be an issue but when pootling about on the bike, but it was never noticeable. They're slightly stiff from new as you'd expect, but I'm hoping they'll break in and eventually feel like there's no glove there.

Sand 3 - Not as sturdy, but very comfortable with the fit being spot on too, but same issue with the fingers - we're talking 5mm or so here. The closure system is actually much simpler then the Cayenne's, but works better. No pinching in the pinkies and really a great glove. I stopped halfway through a 10 min ride last night and switched to these. They're not as noticeably comfy when riding, but let in marginally more air.

I'm going to keep the Cayenne's and return the Sand 3's. The sturdiness of the Cayenne's just pips them for me, but my other half thought I was mental for wearing them while watching the telly and supping some wine last night....

large.jpg

D.

That's about the same as when I called in on a mate a couple of years ago and thought she was either going out or had just got in as she opened her door wearing leathers and boots. Actually she was doing the hoovering, but breaking in a new set of kit while doing so.
Wearing your new gloves in the house is okay - just don't wear them in bed...

Don't overlook the Dirt 2 gloves......just got a pair the weekend and they are a fantastic glove for the money.

I sat watching telly with the gloves on last night to speed up the breaking in process.

I had to sell my Sand 3 on recently as the fingers where too long for my stubby fingers and the exterior stitching seems where causing my fingers to catch off each other.......caused me to fumble on the brake lever a couple of times (can't be having that)......they had to go.

Back
Top Bottom