Lightweight windproof overjacket advice...

I agree that idealy you want two completly different sets of riding gear for the two completly different climates, but you make do with what you have.

I dont make do ...Never have !

Like the OP plans.......I suggest you get mesh/airfow gear and pack a waterproof.
He understands the need , why dont you ?

Hey, it even works for your wet ride to and from the tunnel/port ! Simple!

I was in France last week. Wore my new Rukka Airider every day and then added this Richa Rain Vent over the top on the 2 wet days. Very wet from Epernay to Coquelles on the A26 coming home. It worked very well.

Combined with the Rallye 3 trousers (have a zip out, waterproof, brathable liner) the Airider made for relative comfort in hot, humid weather with quick & easy waterproofing.

Richa is under £50 in http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/richa-rain-vent-jacket-black/

It packs into a relatively small pouch, about a litre in volume.

Richa_Rain_Warrior_Jacket__53123.1445859913.1280.1280.jpg

I bought a Rev'it Chronos GTX mesh jacket a few months back with the intention of only using on the very rare hot Irish days. It has become my no.1 choice and the Goretex stand alone inner jacket hasn't left the house since I got it.
I carry a Richa rain jacket and I don't bother with that unless it's pissing it down........ during the summer if you get caught in a shower, you are dry in a few minutes (once you are not cold)

I don't think this mesh jacket will be getting locked away until maybe late September or maybe even into October.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Back
Top Bottom