Klim Pants - Badlands vs Kodiak

Jonno58

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
About to buy a pair of Klim Pants, anyone had Badlands & Kodiak that can offer any comments on preferences/differences between the two please?

I only ride on Tarmac, no off road and the Revzilla review seemed to suggest the Kodiak would be better suited to a high speed tarmac off than the Badlands?

Cheers

Jonno

I have the previous version of the Badlands. Bought from FC Moto in Germany for under £300 which is half what the current model is in the UK. Totally waterproof, D30 armour in hips and knees, excellent vents - right the way down each thigh, so when fully open you do look like MC Hammer........

There is a lot of room under them for layers/shorts etc and because of this I'm not entirely sure whether the knee armour would stay close to the knee if you bit the dust, but then I think that's typical of any Adventure type textile trouser. The knee armour on leather trousers is closer fitting. The one thing on the Badlands I find reassuring is that the knee armour is pretty generous in sizing, so if it does move hopefully some of it will cover the parts it's supposed to!

I use Klimt badlands trousers. Ridden through lots of all day torrential rain and they never leaked at all. But l never liked the way the armour was so loose and Ill fitting l doubt that it would be very good in a fall/crash. So l have removed the original armour and use force field armoured leggings under the Klimt leggings. They do get a tad hot n sweaty when touring all day but a wash in the evening and they are fresh n dry for the next day. I have been using this set up for last couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom