Alpinestars Yokohama

Sea Dog

Reaction score
Anyone tried this stuff? The shell is described as being laminated materials but is a bit ambiguous, so I'm particularly interested to know whether the Drystar membrane is laminated to it or just a non removable loose liner? Reviews in English are a bit thin on the ground. Thanks for looking!

Anyone tried this stuff? The shell is described as being laminated materials but is a bit ambiguous, so I'm particularly interested to know whether the Drystar membrane is laminated to it or just a non removable loose liner? Reviews in English are a bit thin on the ground. Thanks for looking!
Definitely laminated.

I was gonna buy this suit as it seems like very good value.
It's fantastic looking in the flesh........ but unfortunately a 3XL little Italian model fella is a good deal smaller than a Stew eating, Guinness drinking Irish 3XL fella.

The trousers in particular seem to be sized fairly small...............make sure you try on some Alpinestars gear in the size you think you are before buying.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Definitely? That's encouraging! Thanks for that and for the trouser sizing advice too, as that's what I'm after. I feel another Sportsbike Shop order coming on! They're great with free returns if they don't fit, but I just sent back some Dianese and don't like to mess folks about.

If it makes you feel any better, I know a 3XL Italian bloke and he's a really odd shape and a pathetic specimen of manhood, not like a proper Irish adonis at all. They probably modelled the 3XL on him. ;)

Definitely? That's encouraging! Thanks for that and for the trouser sizing advice too, as that's what I'm after. I feel another Sportsbike Shop order coming on! They're great with free returns if they don't fit, but I just sent back some Dianese and don't like to mess folks about.

If it makes you feel any better, I know a 3XL Italian bloke and he's a really odd shape and a pathetic specimen of manhood, not like a proper Irish adonis at all. They probably modelled the 3XL on him. ;)

If you want to look at another laminated suit without venturing into Goretex money.........have a look at the Rev'it Horizon 2 suit, I have the trousers and they breath well, have a fantastic venting system and are definitely waterproof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58HxcErBcB8

Damn it, how did I miss those! I guess I must have thought they had a drop liner (which I'm trying to avoid). I'd have given the jacket a good looking at too if I hadn't just bought a Klim Blade, but that is a nice jacket and is Gore Tex laminate too so maybe a better prospect in truth. Already pulled the trigger on a pair of the Yokohama from Sportsbike Shop after reading your last post, but I might order some of these too and send the runner up back. Had the Yokohama fitted you, which way do you think you'd have gone?

Damn it, how did I miss those! I guess I must have thought they had a drop liner (which I'm trying to avoid). I'd have given the jacket a good looking at too if I hadn't just bought a Klim Blade, but that is a nice jacket and is Gore Tex laminate too so maybe a better prospect in truth. Already pulled the trigger on a pair of the Yokohama from Sportsbike Shop after reading your last post, but I might order some of these too and send the runner up back. Had the Yokohama fitted you, which way do you think you'd have gone?

I would have bought the Alpinestars had they fitted me but I hadn't found the Rev'it at that stage. The Alpinestars is tastier looking kit but the Rev'it seems more likely to fit non mannequin types.
My local Rev'it dealer will order in for me without any deposit or obligation to purchase as the have a sale or return deal with the distributor.

. The Alpinestars is tastier looking kit but the Rev'it seems more likely to fit non mannequin types.

Ah, then my svelte form probably means the Alpinestars look favourite! ;)

(I may be about to come to earth with a bump on Tuesday courtesy of the Sportsbikeshop and DPD! Stand by for 'Rev it' review!)

Thanks very much for your input. Appreciated.

Hmm, so my findings were the same as Younger06 - the Alpinestars are very nice but rather svelte. I'm never anything but a 34 waist and in an L they're a bit too tight even without the liner. Nice trousers though, quite lightweight and a really nice feel to them. They come with braces and knee armour, but just Velcro-on foam hip pads which is a bit disappointing. I think the XL would be too large for me, but for those who are an inch less that the advertised sizes, they'd be well worth a look.

Try the Rev'it........ they have a less "tailored" cut.
Braces are extra with them, but I would recommend having them.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Try the Rev'it........

They arrived today too! I'm still mulling it over, hence why I hadn't posted my thoughts. Lots of 1000d so a rather heavier duty feel than the Alpinestars, but still very comfortable. CE hip armour and zip in leg bottoms for the thermal liner gives them a quality edge perhaps. Although they are pretty similar, with the softer handle of the Alpinestars somehow it doesn't feel a like for like comparison - not that it matters really as they don't fit me! I'll probably be very happy with the Rev'it trousers actually,
but I'll sleep on it.

Just to tuck this thread up, I went with the Rev'it Horizon 2 trousers in the end. A few miles on them now and I'm very pleased. Really comfortable, good armour including the hip, decent vent which is very easy to open and close. Nice and light and very flexible - much easier to mount the GS in than leathers! My thanks to Younger06 for the recommendation.

Glad my shopping addiction can finally be of some use

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Back
Top Bottom