GS GDSA TFT Display

Oh - so you probably need to buy the headset (aka BMW Communications System), maybe even the helmet with integrated headset, in order to use all the features of the instrument panel.

In the flesh at Garmisch

Hopefully it's backward compatable :friday

Attachments

• IMG_4632.JPG
    IMG_4632.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 2,210
  • IMG_4634.JPG
    IMG_4634.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 2,113
A display for the iPad generation. I don't care for it and much prefer bike clocks to be analogue with needles sweeping across a dial face.
Alan R

A display for the iPad generation. I don't care for it and much prefer bike clocks to be analogue with needles sweeping across a dial face.
Alan R

each to their own i think it looks great

Think it looks clear, less time Looking for info which means less time with your eyes off the road..
I'm sure a lot of thought has gone into this change..
bring it on.!

That was my first thought.

It was my second thought, the first thought being b'stad. If it had just been a Ktm type jobbie I wouldn't be too bothered bar the depreciation, but tHis knocks the socks off the competition in looks and functionality

The main functionality gain for me is the phone browsing, which, to continue the theme of irrationality, is simply daft as I can count on the fingers of my two hands how many times I've used this functionality in my car (Johnny no mate so).

Ordered my GS 6 weeks ago and have had it a month :blast

1290 KTM boys are sorting the software out for you right now.

Why do all these things look like Steve Jobs trying to sell the the greatest we have ever made!

looks ace.....i won't be considering this for at least 12months. will be too many issues to begin with

I wonder how easy it will be to remove - if it's a couple of circlips queue a rash of new GS'es in central London visiting the dealer for a replacement dash!

Perfect timing for me.... come 2018/19 I may be looking to change in my 2014 GSA by which time any gremlins should have been sorted and I'll be able to find a nice (fully specked) 2nd hand replacement :D

I wonder how easy it will be to remove - if it's a couple of circlips queue a rash of new GS'es in central London visiting the dealer for a replacement dash!

As above, my worry too. Also hope it's more resilient to cracking than some Ducati dashes!

Oh dear, this is going to get expensive... new bike, new helmet - with comms... just to go to to Tesco for a coffee:rob:blast

Looks really nice, with loads of good features... a huge improvement on the current dash, obviously.... really like it:D

I'm not convinced.

I remember getting an Astra GTE with a digital speedo and thought wow. Now most new cars still have an analogue style speedo and rev counter.

Scrolling through screens for basic information must be a distraction.

My preference is to have more info immediately available.

Back
Top Bottom