Swap low Scambler seat for a high one?

Paul S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Put a deposit on a nearly new Scrambler with the spec I wanted except for it has a low seat when I am after the high one :augie

Anyone out there got a high seat they want to swap with a low one - the bike I am buying only has 114 miles on the clock and so the seat is in perfect condition.

Yes I know it's a no cost option when you buy a new bike but not when the bike is second hand and dealer has quoted me £260 for an additional high seat :blast

If not then will just get the seat rebuilt by Tony Archer.

Picking it up end of the month :cool:

727h1u.jpg

So you bought one ! Great bike, loving mine more and more. Sold the GSA as having 3 bikes was making life too complicated :D
Having done that I use the scrambler more. It's better with miles is loosening up and you can really throw it about. Surprised Your dealer won't just swap the seat . If not then a rebuild with gel inserts will do the trick :beerjug:

So you bought one ! Great bike, loving mine more and more. Sold the GSA as having 3 bikes was making life too complicated :D
Having done that I use the scrambler more. It's better with miles is loosening up and you can really throw it about. Surprised Your dealer won't just swap the seat . If not then a rebuild with gel inserts will do the trick :beerjug:

Yep tried resisting but failed - it does after all have my favourite Boxer engine in it :D

This one is a one owner bike (not a demo) X version with ASC, BMW alarm, tail tidy, the hugely expensive aluminium tank and "proper" tyres - list price would have been North of £12,500 :eek:

Looking forward to getting my hands on it :thumb

With your interest in sheds I thought you might like planting a tree.
I know its nothing to do with the topic of your thread but it looks like the thing to do when the subject is of no interest, so trash the thread is now the done thing. :beerjug:

With your interest in sheds I thought you might like planting a tree.
I know its nothing to do with the topic of your thread but it looks like the thing to do when the subject is of no interest, so trash the thread is now the done thing. :beerjug:

Steve

Many thanks - really enjoyed the video :beerjug:

PS - this is a fairly old thread and I sorted out a high seat some time ago ;)

Back
Top Bottom