Converting headlight to right hand driving

vaclove

Reaction score
I will be registering my UK bike in Germany and need to pass their MOT (TUV).

Interesting finding was that this can be done without Certificate of Conformity by asking the TUV to issue you a protocol that is recognized instead of the CoC.

The main issue is converting the headlight. I am getting bit confused here. When searching the BMW parts catalog, it seems to me there is only one type of headlight. While cars obviously have differently dipping headlights based on the country requirements, I am getting puzzled how is it with the bike.

Since the headlight can be adjusted left/right, does this mean I do not have to replace the headlight and only adjust the beam?

If anybody could clarify this, it would be much appreciated.

Are you talking R1200GS?

if so, no need to do anything , the headlamp is a flat beam pattern, there is supposedly enough adjustment LR /RL in the standard lens unit

mart

Are you talking R1200GS?

if so, no need to do anything , the headlamp is a flat beam pattern, there is supposedly enough adjustment LR /RL in the standard lens unit

mart

Thanks. Just to confirm, I am talking about F800GS.

Not sure on that, I will check later today

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Depends how new the bike is , I know that the latest ones have a the flat beam as mentioned earlier , all depends on the part Number of the unit .
Cheers

I've replaced my UK full headlight unit with one from an Italian supplier. I have had no issues with beam pattern or UK mot. I am pretty certain that there is absolutely no difference apart from 'UK beam pattern' units are about 80 quid more expensive. My 800 is 2009 registered. I don't have any info about German mot laws so can't comment on that bit.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom