Recommendations for tank bag for f650 st please

TommoUK

Reaction score
Im looking for some advice / recommendation please.

I recently had my bike stolen, it was recovered quickly thankfully some damage fixed eventually but the b*stards stole all my luggage which I have replaced except for the tank bag.

I can't seem to find one like the one I had previously which I know no details of it came with a bike years ago. (I should have taken a photo)

It had a map pocket the length and with of the bag., the bag was wide rather than high with a zip pocket on each side, one compartment with a second all round zip to allow vertical expansion. Not too high, even with the expansion that it would prevent prevent me seeing instrument panel.

I had to remove the seat to place a hook under the tank. Both sides an elacticated strap that hooked on the front of the tank. Easier enough to reach over to unhook one strap to lift the bag to access the petrol cap. My mate used to call them bra straps.. but he knows some odd looking women

One feature I particularly liked was that the seat had to be removed to take the bag off the bike. I want a tank bag that when I'm parked in the middle of town will be still be there when I get back.. I do not want a hand-bag or a little back pack.

I dont need room for a lot of stuff, chain, padlock and disc lock, bungees cargo net 1L bottle of water sort of thing.

So I'm left looking for any recommendations PLEASE for replacement new or used I don't mind strap on not one of those velcro or petrol cap things. One that will go on a 1997 F650 st, funduro, or probably any of the older F5650's.

Back
Top Bottom