BMW F650 Clock problem

TommoUK

Reaction score
My 1997 F650 st was stolen recently and thankfully recovered. They had smashed all the locks and damaged the wiring loom to hot wire it.

All is fixed. The guys as Rainbow did all the work and did a grand job of it all. But the wiring loom was fixed rather than replaced.

When the wires to the clock are connected the clock just goes around as though the crappy little adjustment thing ( I wont dignify it with the term ,,button) were being held in position.

Now its not working I realise how much I used the clock ..I'm no mechanic and certainly not a technician has anyone any ideas please?

Is there an easy fix... well I can hope. Can I /should I try wiring it directly to the battery ? Should I be looking for a 2nd clock from a scrapper?

My 1997 F650 st was stolen recently and thankfully recovered. They had smashed all the locks and damaged the wiring loom to hot wire it.

All is fixed. The guys as Rainbow did all the work and did a grand job of it all. But the wiring loom was fixed rather than replaced.

When the wires to the clock are connected the clock just goes around as though the crappy little adjustment thing ( I wont dignify it with the term ,,button) were being held in position.

Now its not working I realise how much I used the clock ..I'm no mechanic and certainly not a technician has anyone any ideas please?

Is there an easy fix... well I can hope. Can I /should I try wiring it directly to the battery ? Should I be looking for a 2nd clock from a scrapper?
The clock only has a power supply and light in it.
Since the little metal lever you pull with your finger tells it to go fast forward, it is almost certainly the lever bent or the button it contacts with stuck in.
Before you buy a replacement from Motorworks, remove the clock and look at these. You are almost certain to be able to free/straighten something to repair it.
Myke

response to Myke's reply

The clock only has a power supply and light in it.
Since the little metal lever you pull with your finger tells it to go fast forward, it is almost certainly the lever bent or the button it contacts with stuck in.
Before you buy a replacement from Motorworks, remove the clock and look at these. You are almost certain to be able to free/straighten something to repair it.
Myke

Thanks for your reply.

I was assured that there is nothing wrong with the lever. But it looks like a proper investigation of the clock needs to be initiated... that is after I have investigated how to remove the clock to look at it properly.

Back
Top Bottom