Rear light 06 Hexhead

:thumb2 let us know how you get on...

It does seem very complicated all this dealer reprogramming thing, for my '06 bike i just phoned Motorworks and told them what I've got and they sent me a near perfect condition o/e LED unit and if i recall a small link wire that enables the electrics to think the LED is a normal filament unit. The o/e LED unit is certainly much better quality than the o/e filament unit it replaced. Job done.

Also be aware that the o/e rear unit provides the illumination for the number plate.

Stu.

No reprogramming with mine, and the LED unit incorporates a lamp for the number plate.

It does seem very complicated all this dealer reprogramming thing, for my '06 bike i just phoned Motorworks and told them what I've got and they sent me a near perfect condition o/e LED unit and if i recall a small link wire that enables the electrics to think the LED is a normal filament unit. The o/e LED unit is certainly much better quality than the o/e filament unit it replaced. Job done.

Also be aware that the o/e rear unit provides the illumination for the number plate.

Stu.

It's the same with LED indicators unless you get the type with ballast resistors. Fancy headlights will play up unless you get Canbus compatible jobbies.

There was a chap (on here a few weeks ago) who was playing around with the canbus programming. I’ll bet he’s found a way to hack the system.
Can’t remember his handle though.

There was a chap (on here a few weeks ago) who was playing around with the canbus programming. I’ll bet he’s found a way to hack the system.
Can’t remember his handle though.
You're just teasing me now Bendy!!

Sent from a OnePlusX.

not a GS but - I swopped my bulb rear lamp for an LED version on an F800R (2009)

£15 Ebay for a copy version.. P&P fitting.. lasted almost 3 yrs before the LEDs started failing.
didn't need coding , nor were there any lamp faults shown on the front display..

I opted for the Hornig option (the more basic looking frosted one)

Definitely plug and play and should look a whole lot better than the red standard one.

Ive got LED halo rings around the spotlights. After one year they are shagged with half of the LEDs not showing. I doubt its faulty LED chips, more likely crap soldering. Another pair are on order complete with clear plastic covers (which I'll fill with acrylic sealant). At £12 for the set, they might not last any longer but the clear covers actually clip around the spots so that's nice. The existing rings are attached with four little zip ties.

Should look well with the clear indicators. (as long as the light output is better than the existing red standard one) Hornig LED.jpg

Sent from a U11

Adding to my comment in #54 - I'm not trying to suggest any of these rear lights have wonky soldering like my halo rings. My 2008 OEM LED rear light is as good as new.

Feedback?

Any better .. Brighter?
Haven't got around to fitting it yet..... also what arrived is not "exactly" the same as the photo on the website (the one I posted above) the one on the website looks identical in shape to the OEM one.... it's just clear. What arrived doesn't quite look as good quality as the one on the website.

I'm not entirely happy.
69913a19bdc5f0a60d1a3131011e173d.jpg
4762e6d3bd26d93c3cc9ef69b8b731a5.jpg
63b7f7097c9640746775f68e171c3f5b.jpg

Sent from a U11

Back
Top Bottom