Rear light 06 Hexhead

That's not good news, so its worth me having a look at that before the parts arrive?

Should be grand, just give it all a good clean and a blast of one of the moisture repellent/anti corrosion sprays (GT85 etc etc)

Sent from a OnePlusX.

cheers, yeah, I'll have a look and give it a spray at the weekend.

Just hooked up the 911,

It's the cheap resistor park bulb...

Time to order another ffs

or do i just pull it and go back to filaments .... or faf around resoldering resistors

Its done. I imported the unit from Germany and got great service. I think the unit is great quality for the money, and it includes everything you need for plug and play. The instructions are great, and installation was a breeze - couple of hours and I took the time to heatshrink the connections.

Attachments

• IMG_2068.jpg
    IMG_2068.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2070.jpg
    IMG_2070.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2073.jpg
    IMG_2073.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 235
I had to loosen the bolts for the luggage racks to get clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpg
    IMG_2083.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2090.jpg
    IMG_2090.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 226
I only want to do this once! So I used heat shrink....and look at the state of the original unit - no wonder it rusts the connections are exposed!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_2097.jpg
    IMG_2097.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 279
And the final result - very pleased with it. And NO Lampr error!!! :beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_2099.jpg
    IMG_2099.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 262
  • fullsizeoutput_10a.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_10a.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 229
I didn't make a point of it to be honest. I use my bike daily and don't want to start getting into it in a big way, and the luggage racks add to the work. What I could see wasn't too bad, a bit of surface rust. Perhaps I'll get the racks off with a view to having a better look, and spray liberal quantities of anti rust stuff in there...

Mine at 50K were a horrible mess. Just checking mine the other day, the coating has lasted so far. But the little alloy spacers to the stainless carrier are looking badly furred up. I'll be talking to MistaCat to get some made in stainless.

Right , back to square one. Got another 07 GSA and need to do the same again.

€139 for OEM (with possible recoding)

or

€69 for the Hornig

Decisions. decisions!!

And the final result - very pleased with it. And NO Lampr error!!! :beerjug:
Are you happy with the light output of the unit.
The OEM unit is "night and day" compared to the standard filiment unit.

Do you think this is a major improvement in performance (if obviously is in the looks department)

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Got this email back regarding the retrofit OEM BMW unit.

45ee33b351de9fb1732e1f4de65394eb.jpg

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Are you happy with the light output of the unit.
The OEM unit is "night and day" compared to the standard filiment unit.

Do you think this is a major improvement in performance (if obviously is in the looks department)

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I was only in the market because the OEM unit was faulty and I wanted a good replacement that was value for money. The OEM has the ridiculous design of the terminals hanging out the back in the elements, so the LED I bought was a major improvement. The LED works great, performance is in my opinion much better than OEM. It appears to be one the cheapest on the market and is plug and play - no resetting needed on mine. Personally, I would highly recommend it as a replacement unit.

I was only in the market because the OEM unit was faulty and I wanted a good replacement that was value for money. The OEM has the ridiculous design of the terminals hanging out the back in the elements, so the LED I bought was a major improvement. The LED works great, performance is in my opinion much better than OEM. It appears to be one the cheapest on the market and is plug and play - no resetting needed on mine. Personally, I would highly recommend it as a replacement unit.
Thanks, that's my mind made up. I might go for the frosted option on the Horning site.

Cheers for the heads up.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Back
Top Bottom