GS hand guards

Ted

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fitted a set of GS hand guards to the R Classic some time ago. Kettle 738 just asked for info on how I fitted them so here we are.
Looked at a few pictures of installations and not to happy with the end fitting so had my grandson make up some end bosses. Added a couple of torx bolts from EBay now looks like standard. Pictures show new and old large hole(GS) boss + bolt and couple of rubber washers to stop them twisting and fill the larger hole in the GS hand guards. Done at leased 6k miles so far without a problem. The bar clamps fitted without a problem just needed a bit of care and time to get just right position, one is a bit close to the master cyl but no problems.

Attachments

• end boss 1.jpg
    end boss 1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 457
  • mount 1.jpg
    mount 1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 464
  • kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 419
  • Neew fixing 2.jpg
    Neew fixing 2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 490
Many thanks for posting the photos.....they are worth a thousand words and pretty much exactly what I needed to see......time to get turning on the lathe and see if I can get anywhere close to your new spacers.

Mick.

I fitted mine today, made up a pair of adaptors on the lathe which look uncannily like the ones in your photo and they are a pretty much perfect fit.....albeit the right hand side is a bit snug around the master cylinder, but with just enough clearance to be fine.

A good and enjoyable job.:thumb2

Mick.

sorry to dredge this up again, but is there any chance you could share some pictures of the inboard clamps/brackets for that setup? do you know what OEM clamps suit? I bought a set of these handguards and would like to fit them to my '11 R1200R but i have seen nothing suitable for the inboard fixing. thanks in advance, hopefully still around. It is an old thread...

Back
Top Bottom