1150GS rear shock

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike's done 93,400 miles on original shock. preload adjuster has no resistance when fully wound down. I've tried topping it up with oil, still crap.

Second hand one, or get this rebuilt?

Seen it on here before about getting them serviced, who does it? How much?

No, I'm not buying a bloody expensive one, before anyone inevitably suggests that I do!!!!

Blimey. You've got a revelation on the way .

Get it serviced. It'll transform the bike. You'll love it all over again .

I'm using MCT in Suffolk. But there are others of course. Go for it. It's long overdue. Blimey. Way overdue!

Front is serviceable, albeit with a little mod. ABE is doing them, so it's MTC.

But I thought it was the rear shock the op wanted to service?

MCT are the boys to use! :thumb2. Did a superb job on mine. Also had to put a stronger spring on too! :augie.

Bloody Tapatalk. Steptoe had already included it!

So now there's two links to ABE

Nothing is ever simple.

I've contacted ABE, 100 quid to service the shock. But, my remote preload has no resistance, they've said that this unit is not serviceable!:blast

Doesn't seem much point getting the shock refurbished if I don't have a remote preload.

I may have to go the route of buying a second hand one for 150 quid from Motorworks, Sherlocks etc.

I'd rather have had my unit refurbished.:mad:

Nothing is ever simple.

I've contacted ABE, 100 quid to service the shock. But, my remote preload has no resistance, they've said that this unit is not serviceable!:blast

Doesn't seem much point getting the shock refurbished if I don't have a remote preload.

I may have to go the route of buying a second hand one for 150 quid from Motorworks, Sherlocks etc.

I'd rather have had my unit refurbished.:mad:
You might find the remote preload needs fresh oil. Or just topping up

Back
Top Bottom