How easy is it to reverse a route?

Nutty

Reaction score
How easy is it to reverse a route? Say I'm out and about, stick a town in somewhere (on the fly, not route planned at home, cos I fly by the seat of my pants :D), then when I get to the destination, just reverse it, as the roads were awesome, and my awesome steed loved them. :p

Doable?

Method 1

Reversing a Track

Home screen > Apps > Tracks > Active tab > Select the segment you want > Three horizontal lines in top left corner > Save as Trip, selecting 'Finish to Start'.

Back to Home screen > Apps > Trip Planner > Scroll down to Unscheduled Trips > Select the journey, check it on the map (just to make sure you are happy) then select Go.

Method 2

Reversing a two point (Start point to End point) Route from A to B created by you on the device.

Home screen > Select route, do not touch map or Go > Three horizontal lines, top left corner > Edit Destinations > Touch the start point (the one with the green flag) on the right hand end and drag it down to beneath the end point (the one with the chequered flag) > Save. The route will now display, maybe offering you an alternative, too. If there is an alternative, choose the one you want to take, then > OK

Method 1

Reversing a Track

Home screen > Apps > Tracks > Active tab > Select the segment you want > Three horizontal lines in top left corner > Save as Trip, selecting 'Finish to Start'.

Back to Home screen > Apps > Trip Planner > Scroll down to Unscheduled Trips > Select the journey, check it on the map (just to make sure you are happy) then select Go.

Method 2

Reversing a two point (Start point to End point) Route from A to B created by you on the device.

Home screen > Select route, do not touch map or Go > Three horizontal lines, top left corner > Edit Destinations > Touch the start point (the one with the green flag) on the right hand end and drag it down to beneath the end point (the one with the chequered flag) > Save. The route will now display, maybe offering you an alternative, too. If there is an alternative, choose the one you want to take, then > OK

Bingo! :clap

TracBack is a bit of a curate's egg, as it is limited in its applications. The chief one being that it can only be used (at least as far as I know) on the last ride (maybe only a segment?) you made. Great if you just want to turn around, less good if you want to drag up a return ride along roads you you used earlier in the day or on days previous. Page 10 of the Owner's Manual.

In all honesty, Nutty could just display a track and ride along it, using the device as a conventional map. He wouldn't though get voice instructions, which might make him insecure.

In all honesty, Nutty could just display a track and ride along it, using the device as a conventional map. He wouldn't though get voice instructions, which might make him insecure.

Lack of voice instructions could be the least of his woes based on recent evidence ...........

Back
Top Bottom