Restoring Atlantis

Baheid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have an Atlantis (nubuck) suit which is in need of some love and attention.
I've just returned from a tour of Europe and the suit has become faded, especially the arms of the jacket. It almost looks "silvery" in colour instead of black.
How can I restore the suit to more like its original colour? I appreciate that this particular suit will show signs of wear and use but I'd like it to look more like a 2yr old suit than a 20yr old.
I'd appreciate any suggestions thanks.

I was thinking more of a "dry" treatment. It's still good in the wet and dries quickly.

Its destroyed forever. What sise are you. I might br in a position to do you a favour. Ill takse the unsightly stuff off your hands JJH

I doubt the warranty is valid but thanks for the sensible advice.
The dealer has already referred to BMW motorrad on behalf of another customer and they don't have a magic fix which seems a bit off considering the cost of the suit?

Good post here...

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/ridi...ditioning.html

Top product leatherique, check out youtube, lots of videos online on how to use leatherique. Used by professional car restorers on leather seats etc.

Use leatherique to clean & nourish, then Scotchguard with nubuck waterproofer :thumb2

Looks really interesting. Thanks
Have you actually used it on your Atlantis suit?
Did it make much difference in restoring the colour?
Cheers

The Atlantis is a nubuck, there are only a few produs on the market that you can use on this type of leather. BMW sell a kit for about £30 +

Looks really interesting. Thanks
Have you actually used it on your Atlantis suit?
Did it make much difference in restoring the colour?
Cheers
Not used on mine since its new. However, the article mentions little difference. Check out using Leatherique on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom