More France routes - RiDE magazine July 2017

Simon W

Reaction score
So I apologise if this is a bit spam like, but the new issue of RiDE hits the shops tomorrow with a revised Guide to France. This has taken quite a long time to build up, with old routes being refined and new routes being created based on suggestions from some members here as well as my usual sources (mostly French bike testers and ex-pat British riders living over there). There are 93 day-trip rides, cross-country routes to get to key locations, as well as 13 tours of varying lengths/destinations so there's something to suit all preferrences (apart from off-road: it's all tarmac).

Which bits of France are covered?

067b9997229d8a2d0da2983e0e6ed9b6.png

In essence, though, you should be able to find a route to suit you. As before, the routes are supported by GPX downloads from:

http://www.ride.co.uk/routes-1/ride-guide-to-france-2017

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up simon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about milking it ;)

I'll almost certainly by (sic)....

Great, you'll be able to give lots of good advice and, as a win-win bonus, maybe find the answer to your next "Tell me how to go 150 miles" question :D

Great, you'll be able to give lots of good advice and, as a win-win bonus, maybe find the answer to your next "Tell me how to go 150 miles" question.

Are any of the routes suitable for a Thruxton R with no sat-nav or luggage - can I down load a map to stick to my tank? - the tank on the Thruxton R is not very big, please can you print map of all the petrol stations too.

Are any of the routes suitable for a Thruxton R with no sat-nav or luggage - can I down load a map to stick to my tank? - the tank on the Thruxton R is not very big, please can you print map of all the petrol stations too.

You'll know when you have ridden some.

Some Michelin maps mark those fuel stations that are on motorways, so you'll be OK.

SomecMichelin maps mark those fuel stations that are on motorways, so you'll be OK.

I need to know in advance, after all that's the point of these magazine route thingies innit?

I look forward to grabbing a copy of the mag from Tescos tomorrow.

SomecMichelin maps mark those fuel stations that are on motorways, so you'll be OK.

Oh Gawd .... Now look .... You've started him .... he's off on his Michelin Maps again ....

That works! Thank you, Simon.

I have taken the liberty of amending your opening post, inserting a corrected URL and adding in the picture. This should help bods who start on post 1. I've also edited Lee's first reply as a consequence.

Richard

Oooops, now - a minute later - the link seems to have stopped working!

Now it's working again!

Now it's stopped again. It seems that if you go into the link once, it opens. If you then go in again, it doesn't work, at least on an iPad.

This link seems more stable, perhaps: http://www.ride.co.uk/routes/ or better still this one:

http://www.ride.co.uk/routes-1/ride-guide-to-france-2017

PS I have now created a single post sticky, too.

Fantastic resource, thanks. Hope people use it :D

Back
Top Bottom