A Long Shot But...............Romania Aug 2017

Deleted account 210901001

Reaction score
Plan.

Home to Dusseldorf

Train to Vienna (Piss cheap. Free Hotel. Avoids tedium of C Europe. Saves sore sphincter)

Vienna
Bratislava
Budapest
Romania to include Trans Road and Alpine Road
Serbia
Croatia
Possibly Bosnia dependent on border hassles
Croatia again
Slovenia

Then basically through Alps taking in roads I know well.

Norff to a port and home.

Im on GSA and it will be all A and B road type stuff.

No or very very little Motorway.

Couple of 400 mile days,quite a few shorter but I generally aim to roll wheels at 0900 and stop at about 1700 or so, plenty of breaks on way.

2500 total Miles ballpark. 500 is of these on train.

2 weeks starting on 19 Aug back UK 1 Sep

Cheap ass hotels, route planning cuffed day to day basis to allow for weather avoidance but outline will remain same. Essentially UK to Romania and back through various alpine passes.

Anyone welcome...........................except Skygod as I want to be the most handsome on the trip :)

V ballpark
d4dc1dfab9d699d4dc1fcb3ca9a945d5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi

Sounds a good trip planned. I did similar last year and it went well. Are your dates set in stone as I have already booked and paid for a trip to Ireland on your dates. A week or two later and I would be able to join you?

Derek

will be interested to see how you get on booking the train for rider and bike at this late stage, my experience is that they get booked up very quickly after release date....

Give me a shout if you're going to be around Timișoara (though I'm going on my own trip for 11 days on 19 August)...

My leave coincides with your dates. Never thought of a trip like that. Was considering doing the Wild Atlantic Way along the west coast of Ireland. How much would I need to complete that journey? My 15 year old son would be with me. JJH

My leave coincides with your dates. Never thought of a trip like that. Was considering doing the Wild Atlantic Way along the west coast of Ireland. How much would I need to complete that journey? My 15 year old son would be with me. JJH

I tend to travel cheap so either cheap ass hotels or camping as required. Hard to put figure on it to be honest.

V welcome to come obviously, part or all the trip.

PM me if you want further

M

Im interested buddy, where is the train from and too and what is the cost of it ?
Mick

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Duss to Vienna, about 180 euros.........although ay not be an option now.

I may bite bullet and hack down autobahns for a day just to break back of it......

Back
Top Bottom