As per the manual!

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After the weekends outing to N.Yorks, next week I will be swapping out my ignition leads (one cap insulation split) for a set of Magnecor KV85.
Besides isolating the battery -ve, do I require to disconnect the HES plug?

Prefer not to touch it if possible even though manual says yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After the weekends outing to N.Yorks, next week I will be swapping out my ignition leads (one cap insulation split) for a set of Magnecor KV85.
Besides isolating the battery -ve, do I require to disconnect the HES plug?

Prefer not to touch it if possible even though manual says yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Suck it and see"

The ignition coil sits under the plate that has all the electrical connectors on it. The HES connector runs across from left to right. So you may need to either disconnect it or unclip it and move it out of the way to gain accress to the ignition coil so that you can replace the leads. It will all become obvious to you once you have the tank lifted.

Just make sure you route the new HT cables the same route as the old ones.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I have had the tank off loads of times to do servicing and tidy up the wiring, just never noticed the coil even though I have a fairly new spare bought 'probably' 10 years ago stashed somewhere. Unlike the old airheads, it does not stand out.

You've no need to disconnect anything at all . Just pull the tank back , reach up from side/underneath and pull HT lead out of coil - why the need to disconnect the battery ?

Back
Top Bottom