shimless FD

ross.

Reaction score
so would it be unusual to find no shims in the final drive? could my hub have been made perfect at the factory:D or is it just that somebody has been here and not re fitted them the bike has covered 43k

ask mikeyboy or steptoe,i bet between them they have done hundreds ,i myself have done 3 and all of them had shims in

Never had one without a shim.... You are looking in the right place for the shim ? :D

Never had one without a shim.... You are looking in the right place for the shim ? :D

yes no shim to be found,,,,,
i have replaced the swing arm bearings and also the FD crown wheel bearings re measured and looks like a .5 shim would go in nicely and give required pre load,
still does not explain why there was no shim in there, as you said never seen one without and no one else has either, mystery:confused:

I have rebuilt loads. Never bothered putting the shims back in, just bodge it up quick like, get it sold and out the door . Last one I mashed togther was bought by a geezer called Ross, from Lincolnshire I think.....

I have rebuilt loads. Never bothered putting the shims back in, just bodge it up quick like, get it sold and out the door . Last one I mashed togther was bought by a geezer called Ross, from Lincolnshire I think.....

lol yes you probably did, bet it was you who snapped of one of the fuel tank bolts aswell...

Back
Top Bottom