Calais to Reims - Peage??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy66

Reaction score
I was recently charged 23 euros for travelling to Reims from Calais on the motorway, surely this isn't right? Initially I wondered if I'd past through a lorry lane but then the ticket slot and card machine were set low at typical car/biker height. Anyone know what the cost should be? And can I get my money back?
Cheers, Steve.

Michelin online maps gives you the peage charges when you plan the route. There is a bloody expensive peage by Arras if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In a car maybe
Michelin site says
Distance: 270 km including 260 km on motorways
Time: 02h36 including 02h14 on motorways
No traffic impact for departure at 8h16
Costs: €48.02 including Toll €22.60, Consumption €25.42

You paid the car rate (€22.6) not the bike rate (€13.6)

I did the same the other week read me as a car not a bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, many thanks for the replies. Not really sure how to avoid this from happening again, other than avoid using the motorways.

No help to you, but did the same trip the end of June on my RT and tolls worked as expected, got the bike rate every time. It should show you what class of vehicle it thinks you are alongside the price, if it says car, you can push the help button and speak to someone.

Or get a sanef auto tag, you can then use the auto lanes.

The machine will show class1=car, class5 = Bike, use the toll booths on the rt hand side.
I have a Sanofi blooper, but still got charged at the wrong rate on that bit of motorway, I just raise a charge back on my account and get the money refunded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was absolutely pissing down when I came home from Epernay so I used the A26. 2 tolls, one on the Reims ring road and a second on the A26. 13 odd euros.

Check the screen on the credit card booths - if the screen does not say Class 5, push help button and when a French person speaks you say "classe moto" or "classe cinq" - they will change the setting

You need to avoid the lanes with a height limit bar above them

They are marked "Reservé" and have symbols saying no motorcycles or HGVs, you will be automatically charged as a car even with an electronic tag

You probably went through one of these

Tariff sank

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom