Help- R1150GSA not starting - no cranking - battery good.

dcd87

Reaction score
Hello,

As above.

Went to take the bike to MoT today but it won't start.

It's not trying to crank at all and isn't clicking as if the battery was low.

Tried jumping but still no good.

When I turn ignition on the abs starts and it appears to have plenty of power in the battery.

Measures the voltage at the battery when pressing the starter button but it remains at 12V

Any ideas on a list of items to check?

Thanks in advance.

Earth to starter, starter relay, starter button/kill switch, sidestand switch, clutch switch are first ones to look at.

Be methodical: electrics are simple, people make them complicated !

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Yeah...I've just made a right tit of myself.

I put it into first gear last night when I put the new wheel on for the mot. Left it in gear didn't I.

It's on the centre stand but the side stand was down too.

Face. Palm.

I even cancelled my MoT!

What a dick I am. Thank you for your reply and I will note those down for next time.

Weve all been there ;)

Kill switch can be a usual suspect for something like this it's caught me out before not on a GS but an XT550 was kicking it over for about half an hour bloody thing wouldn't start went to the local bike garage after pushing it home they recommended i check the kill switch.

Sure enough I had knocked it somehow, switched it back the bike started first kick.

Felt such a tit :augie

I wouldn't worry too much, I once spent about half an hour poking around under the faring of my old F650 wondering why the lights weren't coming on when I started it.

The fact that I hadn't actually turned them on didn't occur to me :augie

Back
Top Bottom