Help me install a Hex EZCan please...

Phill Elston

Rum Bosun
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2017 R1200GSA LC

The EZcan is plugged into the canbus & the canbus is plugged into the EZCan. Wires are routed to the battery though not yet attached.

I now have the 4 outputs available.

I have a pair of LED Spots that will be getting attached to the bike once the brackets arrive (Mon?) they, will be wired direct to the EZCan on the orange connector as in the video on the Hex website

I also want to install a replacement horn - I've gone for the split Denali Soundbomb

I've figured out where I'm going to fit the two main component parts of the horn.

My question is this... do I now run the pos/neg wires from the new horn to the EZCan red connector, leaving the stock wiring blanked off & stowed away, or do I use the existing wires?

I've just fitted one to my GSA with the same config.

On the channel config of the EZ-CAN setup I choose option 2

Then connect:
Red channel - wire direct to new horn (existing horn retained)
Orange Channel - Additional power socket to power mini air compressor etc.
Yellow channel - Left LED light
White channel - Right LED light

channel_configuration_v1706.5.jpg

I have the single Denali Soundbomb mounted between the forks rather than the split.

Separate channels for the LED spots allows for them to be switched off when indicating which is a must IMO so they don't drown out the indicators

All works perfectly :thumb

I have used option 3. That way, both lights turn off when either indicator work and of course alternate when the hazards are on. I also have FIAMM twin tone horns wired to the red and auxiliary brakes to the yellow. If you check out my YT channel, link below, you can see a couple of short vids on the subject.

PM me if you want to know more.:beerjug:

I'm not talking software config guys... I'm talking wires. Do I need to physically run fresh wires from the HEC to the new horn?

I'm not talking software config guys... I'm talking wires. Do I need to physically run fresh wires from the HEC to the new horn?

Yes...fresh wires from horn direct to EZcan. No additional relay or anything required. :beerjug:

Hi guys jus seen thread I'm looking to get 2 hex Ecans 1 for me & a friend? Where did you purchase & how much was customs duty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine from the States. Just search for the resellers, although if you look on here for 'Ice-tags' he will be able to sort you out. I had snags with mine and he helped out a lot despite the fact I didn't buy from him. As for import it was about £40.

Im in Cape Town till Tuesday if you wanted to get Ice Tags to contact me I could pick them up and bring them through customs for you. I would then post off on Wed next week. Just pay me the postage cost and it would save you £40 each? Up to you but he is just out of town a wee bit, it would be no problem. G

well bit the bullet
hex arrived today
horn and lights to follow
thanks for input peeps

well bit the bullet
hex arrived today
horn and lights to follow
thanks for input peeps

Good news..... it’s easy to wire up. The longest job will be threading the wire through the bike. Pictures after the job is done would be great. :beerjug:

Thanks will do your YouTube channel will be watched lol

I have used option 3. That way, both lights turn off when either indicator work and of course alternate when the hazards are on. I also have FIAMM twin tone horns wired to the red and auxiliary brakes to the yellow. If you check out my YT channel, link below, you can see a couple of short vids on the subject.

May just do that, awaiting delivery.

Linky no worky - can you put it up again, pse?

Hi
Any ideas as to where I can get canbus plug for my horn? As don’t wNt to pay £17 f denneli

Do you mean one of these..?. Can be sourced via nippy Norman’s.

Attachments

• 9A7E69E1-3513-43C2-A464-672701EBFBE3.jpg
    9A7E69E1-3513-43C2-A464-672701EBFBE3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 517
Yeh thanks but sure could get plug cheaper then make it up??

Back
Top Bottom