Five Days in Romania

Donnie,

Thank you for posting the above,great write up, i feel a trip to Romania coming on for next year. :beerjug:

Many thanks for this Donnie, great report and definitely food for thought! If you had more time on your trip, where do you think you would have spent it or added to it?

If you had more time on your trip, where do you think you would have spent it or added to it?

If I may be permitted to make a suggestion, he should have spent more time in what was the first city in Continental Europe to introduce electric street lighting and in what will be the European Capital of Culture in 2021:thumb2

I'm heading through with another poster from here in about two weeks so cross your fingers and hope we get good weather. No fixed plans apart from to head east and spend part of the time in Romania generally enjoy the riding and the scenery. I had a few days in Sebes last June and really enjoyed it so this is just another opportunity to see a bit more of the country though I'm travelling a bit lighter than previously when I carted camping gear with me and didn't use it.

The only thing I'm really stuck on is whether a heated vest will be a total waste of time on the higher passes but I'm leaning towards just saying sod it and relying on merino thermals if it drops in a bit chilly.

If you are coming through Brasov - pop in for a beer!

I haven't a clue where we're going but if it looks like we'll get close I'll send you a pm. It's not out of the question if we decide to head south towards Bulgaria so be ready :beerjug:

Hi guys,

Sorry, not been on here for a while. Budapest is definitely worth more time. At least a long weekend. I'd have liked to have seen Timisoara properly and a bit more time in Sibiu.

Many thanks for this Donnie, great report and definitely food for thought! If you had more time on your trip, where do you think you would have spent it or added to it?

Hi guys,

Sorry, not been on here for a while. Budapest is definitely worth more time. At least a long weekend. I'd have liked to have seen Timisoara properly and a bit more time in Sibiu.

Heading off to Romania again next year. Love Sibiu especially. Beautiful place.

Brasov region has got to be one of the best - the combination of old city, the ease of access to the mountains and the villages of the saxon region.....
One of best rock bars in Europe, and of course the quality of the locals!
Anyone coming through this way - If I am around always up for a beer and sometimes have the guest flat available for a couple of days

Brasov region has got to be one of the best - the combination of old city, the ease of access to the mountains and the villages of the saxon region.....
One of best rock bars in Europe, and of course the quality of the locals!
Anyone coming through this way - If I am around always up for a beer and sometimes have the guest flat available for a couple of days

Sh*t, forgot about you (Gavin). We stayed in the Hotel Apollonia, Strada Neagoe Basarab 7 for a few days. Enjoyed it immensely. Next time..:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom