Sena and 10u issues

Wonkey donkey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys,

Friend has Nav 4 and has just bought a Sena 10u. I have Nav 5 and Sena 10u.

We have now had 3 attempts at getting his set up, mine is fine.

We are trying to set up so he can hear his Nav 4 directions through the helmet and talk via intercom. For the life of us we cannot get the satnav turn instructions to come through the unit. Have done a search and followed what I can find without success. He has a iPhone 6.

Can someone post a step by step guide as we are at the stage of throwing it at a. Wall

Thanks

Have you tried deleting all pairings from phone - nav - sena and starting fresh ?

yeah , turn them all off and do a restore on your mates ...then .turn on the sena , turn on the nav ( make sure yours are off or well out of the way as the nav might look for your sena etc ) they should then pair ,Headset to nav. That is the basic set up ....when that is done you can try to pair your headset to his ,I have not actually done that, but its in the set up guide in the Sena handbook which you can download

Good luck

Thanks chaps. The issue is not pairing to mine though.

We can't get his satnav instructions to come through the headset?

Thanks chaps. The issue is not pairing to mine though.

We can't get his satnav instructions to come through the headset?

if the headset and nav are pairing ,but no sound, on the nav go to volume, touch the spanner in the top left corner ,then audio mixer, ,three blue bars appear ,is the Nav one set to the right for loudness ?

Volume ok on nav4 totally confused of why sound not coming through Sena in helmet?

Have emailed Sena to see if they can help out, will post on here as may help others later:barf

I bought a 10U for my Schubert and setting up was a dream. Bought another one for my Arai and its gone back! Under no circumstances would it pair!:blast

Volume ok on nav4 totally confused of why sound not coming through Sena in helmet?
see manual for exact sequence but
do a reset on the sena 20s, involves paperclip and small hole in sena! go to config menu and reset all to factory (this is what the company will teell you to do as a start point)
check vol on sat nav not muted (you say vol ok but possible a mute "box" in menu somehwere been checked?)
Had a similar issue with sena 20s and 590, a simple turn sena off, and then back on again, actually worked!

see manual for exact sequence but
do a reset on the sena 20s, involves paperclip and small hole in sena! go to config menu and reset all to factory (this is what the company will teell you to do as a start point)
check vol on sat nav not muted (you say vol ok but possible a mute "box" in menu somehwere been checked?)
Had a similar issue with sena 20s and 590, a simple turn sena off, and then back on again, actually worked!

Volume is not muted. We have set up a dummy trip and you can hear the Nav iv directions but coming from its speaker not through the headset. Have tried deleting all pairings etc etc. Damned if I know what's bloody up with it.

Volume is not muted. We have set up a dummy trip and you can hear the Nav iv directions but coming from its speaker not through the headset. Have tried deleting all pairings etc etc. Damned if I know what's bloody up with it.

This does sound like it could be an issue with nav 4 rather than the sena, does the nav 4 show the sena as paired in the bluetooth menu?

if it does show as paired, reckon the sena is faulty, if you contact sena via website to return under warranty you need to tell them that you have already tried procedure I describe in post 9 , they should then give you a return number to send it back with to your supplier

This does sound like it could be an issue with nav 4 rather than the sena, does the nav 4 show the sena as paired in the bluetooth menu?

if it does show as paired, reckon the sena is faulty, if you contact sena via website to return under warranty you need to tell them that you have already tried procedure I describe in post 9 , they should then give you a return number to send it back with to your supplier

I am inclined to agree. Phone pairs Nav ok, phone pairs to Sena ok tried just to see, but keep getting Nav saying cannot connect even though they appear to find each other on Bluetooth.

Have you tried pairing your headset to his nav unit, and his headset to your nav ?
Might solve whats not working.

Hi Gargy
No as I go to Spain on Tuesday and don't want to mess around with mine in case I fcuk it up. Works perfectly.

Will do when Get back.

Well tried everything and every way we can think of to get the Nav iv to pair to the Sena. All we get is a message saying unable to connect, why god only knows.

Phone to Nav is fine and pairs every time we have tried but the Nav to the Sena is def the problem. If I can get them to pair sure it will work but ran out of idea's :nenau

Back
Top Bottom